• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I should have videotaped this

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I am working night call and it was busy. There was a heart transplant last night and a heart transplant tonight that I just finished. When I get ready for work, the first thing I do is turn on Bella's heat lamp. That is her signal to go into her cage. But tonight, she was not having it. I turn on the light and tell Bella to go into her cage. She tells me no. I say in the cage, she repeats the no and runs on top of her playstand where she knows I can't reach her. I then tell her that if she wants to eat the expensive food and live in her nice climate controlled cage, I have to go to work. I get her to step up and I put her in her cage but she refuses to get off of my finger. I finally get her to step onto her platform perch and she runs up to her top perch and shows me her butt. I guess you know who runs this house. :facepalm::ballerina:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:lol: Bella is very much a little princess :hilarious:

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I know. Right now I am at my Mom's house. It was a total of a 9 hour drive and Bella was really good until the last half hour. So she got to stay up a little longer because don't you know that the same toys and millet (I mean I brought them from Pittsburgh) are better at Grandma's house than at our house.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I know. Right now I am at my Mom's house. It was a total of a 9 hour drive and Bella was really good until the last half hour. So she got to stay up a little longer because don't you know that the same toys and millet (I mean I brought them from Pittsburgh) are better at Grandma's house than at our house.
haha! Miss Bella! :heart:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Too funny Bella!!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I went to the pet store to get Bella new millet (they have great millet at the pet warehouse) and I saw nutriberries. First attempt, they were a flop. Bella is also in a I do it mood. When I changed her food, she looked like she wanted to get at it so I tried to get her to sit on my finger to get her into the cage, but no, she wanted to do it herself. I am watching her grind her beak on top of her hotel cage. She loves going to Grandma's house and she loves her hotel cage. Unfortunately, it is way too small to be her regular cage.