• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I promised an update but all I have is sad news...

retajomi3

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tayla
Thank you all for your kind words, we're still shedding tears and I'm fighting between keeping her cage out in her memory for a bit longer or packing it up... This has been such an awful experience, I'm glad I could give her a good life while she was in my care. I miss the way she screamed "shizzshizzshizz!" as she zoomed across our bedroom, she was a funny and very loving little bird. I'm still in shock about all of this, I feel like she should be curled up with us right now, but I guess sometimes things happen. I really appreciate all the support, I'm just hoping she's happy flying free up with all the other lost birds.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
So sorry to hear about your loss.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry for your loss. :sorrow:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
So sorry for your loss :sadhug2:

Petro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Petro
So very sorry for your loss. I had tears in my eyes whilst reading this___heaven is better than earth-your Zig is happy xXxxxxx

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
I'm so sorry, what an awful experience. Hope you can try to put the last moments away and focus on the happy memories.

Kaylea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kaylea
Awwww I'm sooooo sorry... hugssss

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss.

LovieLuvr

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
It sounds like she had a seizure. My birds fall on their heads all the time, I do not think falling inside a small cage will break their necks. Sounds like she died from a seizure. It happens a lot with rescued birds. I am so sorry for your loss. :hug8:
I would agree that it sounds like your little one passed away from a seizure. The first time I saw Stitch have a seizure it was exactly like you described. It was the longest minute of my life and I felt helpless watching him. Unfortunately, he passed away a few years later from complications due to his seizures. The vets were never able to diagnose what caused his seizures even after blood tests and multiple trips to the vet. Like previously mentioned, don't focus on the "what ifs" but instead focus on the wonderful few weeks of Ziggy's life with you. It's ok if you leave the cage up, I left Stitch's cage up for 6 months after he passed. I eventually put a small cover before I asked my husband to take it apart when we adopted our current lovie, Sprout. It's all a part of the mourning process. I'm so sorry for your loss.:sadhug2: