• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I Never Wanted a B&G...

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
but I wouldn't trade Petey for a Hy, which has LONG been a dream bird of mine. Last March, he was nervous and tentative about new things. Today, the big boy climbed onto Daff's cage while I changed his papers. I love that he's brave enough to explore now and his bond with my mom thrills me. She is channeling Auntie Sarah, big time. He can do no wrong in her eyes. I love how far he's come, that he takes a bath in his 30 oz. water bowl when someone vacuums, that he yells "OH!" when excited or eats something he likes, hollers "HI!" in a cross between a steam whistle and a middle school girl's squeal, and mutters "I love you" when picked up or if he wants to be picked up. I can even overlook when he drags his cage papers up to a perch, shreds vet wrap like it's his job, and makes DISGUSTING soup out of his water. Still, he's lucky I was drinking when Sarah and I first talked about him. ;)

image.jpeg

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Those margaritas will get you every time....

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Here's a toast to Petey and You :anniversary:on your one year coming-up in March ! Who knows maybe after a few more :patrelax: of these, if a Hy just happens to come along, you may find room for one more . I'm happy Petey found a wonderful forever home , and everything turned out well for your flock. :heart2:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Here's a toast to Petey and You :anniversary:on your one year coming-up in March ! Who knows maybe after a few more :patrelax: of these, if a Hy just happens to come along, you may find room for one more . I'm happy Petey found a wonderful forever home , and everything turned out well for your flock. :heart2:

Thanks. Seriously, though, I'd faint if a Hy came along.

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
He probably knows how lucky he is. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I love to hear stories about birds that take that "leap of faith" and decide to explore their world!

We're lucky to have several people that I would consider "Macaw Whisperers" here, and you are of those special people., Matthew...:)

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I love to hear stories about birds that take that "leap of faith" and decide to explore their world!

We're lucky to have several people that I would consider "Macaw Whisperers" here, and you are of those special people., Matthew...:)

Nice of you to say! I do love my macaws!