• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need some advice... please :-)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Can somebody help me interpret this... What will I get? Like the first one... Male grey, but what about Pied? Is it Split to Pied? What does the / and () mean?

View attachment 245846

The / means split. The ( ) means "aka". Opaline, aka pearl. Blue, aka whiteface.

There is a box that you can click that will show *visuals* only... so if I put in the same information, and I check that box, this is what you'd get, visually speaking.

upload_2017-3-17_13-49-32.png

Marina Engan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marina Iren Engan
The / means split. The ( ) means "aka". Opaline, aka pearl. Blue, aka whiteface.

There is a box that you can click that will show *visuals* only... so if I put in the same information, and I check that box, this is what you'd get, visually speaking.

View attachment 245854

Monica! You are a star!
Now it's a lot clearer to me :)
I finally understand! :handup:
:thanks:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
It's confusing at first, but once you understand recessive, dominant (and co-dominant), sex-linked and, where necessary, double and single factor, it gets easy! Even if you see a new mutation, if you can figure out the mode of inheritance, then you can better pin down what the mutation might be... or maybe you see a new mutation and, based on similar mutations seen in other species, you might be able to figure out the mutation just by looking at it! And it would be confirmed through breeding.

:)

Glad it's all making sense now! :dance5: