• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need Love bird genetics basics information.

MahaSarah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Maha
It is an extremely difficult job and should NOT be taken lightly. These birds have no say in what happens to them so they are counting on you to take care of them the right way.

Please do DAYS and DAYS of research because breeding birds costs so much money, time, and emotional strain on you. & honestly the cost you pay in keeping the parents healthy and raising the babies will be much more that the money that comes in if you decide to sell them.

Also, you have to spend so much time in finding them the right home as some people are absolutely clueless on taking care of birds and just think they are these cute little feather balls that need a cage, some seeds, and perch. They need SOO much more!!

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Oh God I didn't think about this. Its a tuff job 1st I'll research on these.
Multiple people told you about this. Please, take what @MahaSarah told you to heart. People aren't warning you off of breeding to be mean or anything. We're warning you because this can turn into a real ugly situation really fast. You could be going into it for the best of intentions, but unless you really know what you're doing, the outcome won't be what you're hoping for.

It takes more than a male and a female and a box. You need time, care, proper nutrition, toys, ect.

And it can be very difficult to pair up lovebirds. Females chose their mate. They may breed even if they hate eachother, but it can lead to fighting and dead birds/chicks.

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
It is an extremely difficult job and should NOT be taken lightly. These birds have no say in what happens to them so they are counting on you to take care of them the right way.

Please do DAYS and DAYS of research because breeding birds costs so much money, time, and emotional strain on you. & honestly the cost you pay in keeping the parents healthy and raising the babies will be much more that the money that comes in if you decide to sell them.

Also, you have to spend so much time in finding them the right home as some people are absolutely clueless on taking care of birds and just think they are these cute little feather balls that need a cage, some seeds, and perch. They need SOO much more!!
Right I'll research on this before getting into this.

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
Multiple people told you about this. Please, take what @MahaSarah told you to heart. People aren't warning you off of breeding to be mean or anything. We're warning you because this can turn into a real ugly situation really fast. You could be going into it for the best of intentions, but unless you really know what you're doing, the outcome won't be what you're hoping for.

It takes more than a male and a female and a box. You need time, care, proper nutrition, toys, ect.

And it can be very difficult to pair up lovebirds. Females chose their mate. They may breed even if they hate eachother, but it can lead to fighting and dead birds/chicks.
Thank u for guiding me. :) I m on right place!