• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need Love bird genetics basics information.

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
Hello Every one,
I want beginner knowledge related to love birds genetics. I am very very new in this field.

I need expert help.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Why would a brand new bird owner (you) have any concern about love bird genetics?

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
Why would a brand new bird owner (you) have any concern about love bird genetics?
Because I want to produce Albino Personata Red Eyes without having Albino Personata Red Eyes pair. So I wanted to make splits so I can produce Because I want to produce Albino Personata Red Eyes without having Albino Personata Red Eyes

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Because I want to produce Albino Personata Red Eyes without having Albino Personata Red Eyes pair. So I wanted to make splits so I can produce Because I want to produce Albino Personata Red Eyes without having Albino Personata Red Eyes
The only way to produce albinos, is to breed with a male who is either albino, or is split to albino.

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
The only way to produce albinos, is to breed with a male who is either albino, or is split to albino.
If I use male who is either albino, or is split to albino. What about female? I mean which mutation female should use with albino male or split to albino male?

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Why not just buy an albino for yourself? Have you done any research on how to handfeed chicks or the symptoms of eggbinding, ect?

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
Why not just buy an albino for yourself? Have you done any research on how to handfeed chicks or the symptoms of eggbinding, ect?
I have Already bought ALBINO PERSONATA RED EYES pair.
No I don't know how to handfeed chicks kindly suggests me. I am very beginner. I would like u 2 please suggest me any blog from where I can start learning basic steps.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I have Already bought ALBINO PERSONATA RED EYES pair.
No I don't know how to handfeed chicks kindly suggests me. I am very beginner. I would like u 2 please suggest me any blog from where I can start learning basic steps.
It's not good to breed two albinos. The birds you produce will be generally weaker than if you used a different colored bird.

You should look for breeders in your area willing to show you how to do it in person. You need hands on training.

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
It's not good to breed two albinos. The birds you produce will be generally weaker than if you used a different colored bird.

You should look for breeders in your area willing to show you how to do it in person. You need hands on training.
It's not good to breed two albinos. Than which female mutation should I use with albino male or split to albino male to get Albinos?

I don't have anyone how can train me

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
That is y I was asking about love birds genetic I have done some research on internet its not good.

Please guide me how to utilize my existing ALBINO PERSONATA RED EYES pair without having weaker blood line in their chicks? Sould I buy any other mutation and swap male female of both pairs?

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
UGH!! Again.
Because my question is still not answered. In a pair if i use ALBINO RED EYE male than which mutation female should I use. As u told if I use ALBINO RED EYE female its not good. Can I use LUTINO PERSONATA RED EYE female?

Attachments

Garet

Real Name
Garet
That is y I was asking about love birds genetic I have done some research on internet its not good.

Please guide me how to utilize my existing ALBINO PERSONATA RED EYES pair without having weaker blood line in their chicks? Sould I buy any other mutation and swap male female of both pairs?
If you really want to breed, you need to swap out the female with a blue female. If you can find a blue female with an Albino or Lutino parent, then that's even better.

Because my question is still not answered. In a pair if i use ALBINO RED EYE male than which mutation female should I use. As u told if I use ALBINO RED EYE female its not good. Can I use LUTINO PERSONATA RED EYE female?
N.O.

You have to breed them with something not of the -ino genes. Lutino and Albino are the same genes, effecting a different base coat.

Albino= Blue base coat
Lutino= Yellow base coat

Breeding albinoxalbino, albinoxlutino, lutinoxlutino, ect is bad news. The babies will be weaker both physically and health-wise. Dorian was my red-eyed albino lovebird, he passed away during one of the big heat-waves we had because of a heart condition. I found him after he had a heart attack and fell behind the fridge. You have to be very careful with your pairings or this will happen to you.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
I don't have anyone how can train me
You have no breeders and no vets in your area? That's not good. There are possibly guides online that may help, but that's never as good as getting hands-on training. I really wouldn't breed unless you can find someone to show you how to feed chicks, set up a brooder, help your female when she becomes eggbound, ect.

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
If you really want to breed, you need to swap out the female with a blue female. If you can find a blue female with an Albino or Lutino parent, then that's even better.
Thank u Garet,
U mean this blue please review attached picture

Attachments

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
Thank u Garet,

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
You have no breeders and no vets in your area? That's not good. There are possibly guides online that may help, but that's never as good as getting hands-on training. I really wouldn't breed unless you can find someone to show you how to feed chicks, set up a brooder, help your female when she becomes eggbound, ect.
I have but they are not professionals they have lack of knowledge

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Thank u Garet,
Yes. As long as they're not green or yellow or white, you should be okay. You're not guaranteed to get albinos, but if you do get them, they'll be far better off health-wise. The ones who aren't albino will be split to albino, which you can breed a lot more safely with a non-related albino.

I have but they are not professionals they have lack of knowledge
But please, before you do this, look for breeders or avian vets in your area who can help you do this right. Even if they only breed lovebirds as a hobby, they may be able to help you. If you don't find someone to train you and someone to care for your birds when they get sick or hurt, you're going to regret it, and your birds are the ones who are going to pay for it.

MahaSarah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Maha
If you have no experience with breeding or don't have someone to teach you don't breed.

So many things will go wrong and trust me they will. Do you have the money for a vet? I think you said you don't have a vet in your area. Don't breed if you don't have a vet.

What will you do with the babies?

What are the parent eating? Is there cage large enough for them and do they have multiple toys, perches etc?

What will you do when your female gets egg bound and cannot pass an egg? How will you feel if she dies?

What will you do if one of the babies get kicked on out of the nest and is starving and dying?

Do you have a brooder? Do you have handfeeding formula? Do you know how to handfeed?

What is your motive for breeding?

Kumail

Moving in
Real Name
Kumail Raza
If you have no experience with breeding or don't have someone to teach you don't breed.

So many things will go wrong and trust me they will. Do you have the money for a vet? I think you said you don't have a vet in your area. Don't breed if you don't have a vet.

What will you do with the babies?

What are the parent eating? Is there cage large enough for them and do they have multiple toys, perches etc?

What will you do when your female gets egg bound and cannot pass an egg? How will you feel if she dies?

What will you do if one of the babies get kicked on out of the nest and is starving and dying?

Do you have a brooder? Do you have handfeeding formula? Do you know how to handfeed?

What is your motive for breeding?
Oh God I didn't think about this. Its a tuff job 1st I'll research on these.