• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 I need help

Demented_Hag

Moving in
i woke up to find my month old cockatiel foaming at the mouth. Shes struggling to breath and mucus is coming out of her mouth plz help.

Demented_Hag

Moving in
we emptied her stomach and gave her antibiotic and antifungal. Ive read this is caused by yeast infection. However, she wont eat. Should she eat with medicine or is it ok to wait?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Find your nearest vet, call them to advise you will be arriving and a brief summary of what is happening.

Keep the chick warm for the journey.

Take the medicine with you to show the vet.

I hope your bird will be ok

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
This bird needs a avian vet asap, like right now!!!!!!!!!!!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Have you done any of what was suggested on your other thread?

But yes, regardless, you need vet help now.

Oh dear. I didn't realize it was the same person. This poor bird has been suffering for 16 days. You took her to a "bird store".... my bird store wouldn't know a sick bird.. then you took her to a vet. Was it an avian vet? One who treats birds?

It is miserable, you can tell from the photo. I would be too though if you kept emptying the crop time after time. I imagine that the whole slow crop thing probably started because the food was not warm enough. Regardless, the bird is SUFFERING.

If you are unable to get proper treatment, please take the bird to the nearest rescue immediately so they can get it treated. It is going to die.

MODS: remove if too harsh. I'm pretty angry.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
If you are unable to get proper treatment, please take the bird to the nearest rescue immediately so they can get it treated. It is going to die.
If he really cared for that baby that would already been done. But instead he is posting here looking for advices.
We are not veterinarians, we can not save your baby. If you not go now I will blame you for her dead, and NO, I don't feel bad for saying so.