• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 i need help

hellblaze

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
atri
i have 3 pairs of finches . 2 male zebras always fight but they never injure each other ,the other one is neutral, it always ends with threatening from both sides.but a few moments ago scream really ATTACKED hyper.i did not see it but heard the screaming and looked at the cage to find hyper on the bottom all fluffed up and limpimg(ish).the vet is closed today so i cant call him.is this serious?

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
yes is, is there any blood? can you separate them now?

hellblaze

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
atri
i have seperated hyper to a diff cage, no there is no blood but he is still limping(ish)

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Suggest you get your fid to the Vet as soon as possible! Try putting a soft cloth on the bottom of his cage and remove the perches so that he doesn't injure himself further till you get to see the Vet!

Hope all goes well! Please keep us posted! :hug8:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
How big is your cage ? How old are the birds? Do they have nests?

This *might* continue, especially if they're in breeding mode. Do you have plants in the cage? You can provide some shelter with stress perches or artificial plants (if not real plants). Just hang it all around so that it visually blocks one perch from another. That gives the underdog a place to hide.