• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I miss her

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
:sadhug2: :sadhug2: :sadhug2:

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
So sorry :bluhug: She was loved & had a happy life w/you. I hope that helps :heart:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Loss is hard. When I lost my Scarlet to a severe infection I cried the entire day she passed. I could not talk about her for more than 2 years. It has been more than 6 years now and I still miss her. I refocus on the ones I have and look for all the special characteristics/behaviors they have and that helps. She was a wonderful bird. Would yell "Hi Sugarbutt to strangers at the store. I have another scarlet but Ben is a boy and a bit different. But each morning in a quiet voice I take Ben out and tell him Good morning sweetie, I love you and he lays his head on my shoulder and hugs me. One does move on but others are not forgotten because of this.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I Lost Nerd bird 5 years ago and still miss and think of him. Family got me Lurch, another Maxi for Xmas of 2009 because I was heart broken and they missed him too and I was broke. He's way different but similar in ways to Nerd and it helps lessen the hurt knowing I have another lil guy to take care of that needed me.
Hang in there, time will help and eventually you'll be able to think of all the good things without feeling so sad :sadhug:

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
:hug8: :heart: :heart: :hug8:

ddy13

Walking the driveway
My Mojo has been gone over 3 years and I still miss her, still can't really watch old videos of her, pictures are hard :(
I chose not to get another TAG it would have hurt too much.
Only you know the right choice for you, so go with your gut when and if you chose to add a 3rd. :sadhug:
I plan on posting a few more videos and take it all down and try to Grive quietly or to stop crying at the drop of a hat. He would quiver at the attention he would get , was so happy to be loved and cared for. Hugs to all having to post here

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Don't try to squelch or hide how you are feeling - go with it and eventually you will stop crying but you will never ever forget or stop loving her. Trust me on this. We might have stopped crying but we never really stop missing or mourning the lost ones. Any more than we do the human ones.

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
I'm very sorry. :hug8:Time makes it easier but her memory will always be with you. Eventually thinking of them brings more fond memories than pain.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So I know this is a weird thread to dredge up. But it's been 3 years now and I am sitting here, again, with tears in my eyes, missing her. But I wanted to thank you all again for the kind words you left because they are still comforting me after all this time. :hug:

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm so sorry. I've lost my heart bird too and its still too sad to talk about, even though it was a year ago now. So I completely relate to how you never stop missing them when they're gone.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
I don't think you're supposed to "get over it". I don't think you can. It's not something you have to get over, it's something you have to learn to cope with. Some things are harder to live with (the loss). I lost my heart dog six years ago in a bad way and I still cannot say his name without bursting into tears.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
But it's been 3 years now and I am sitting here, again, with tears in my eyes, missing her.
And I'm sure that I will do the same in 2 years. For me that is normal feelings, and that is also the worst prize to pay for allowing someone so close to you.
It will hurt forever, I'm sure of that. But we will learn to endure that pain because we have new ones that needs us now.
I've lost my heart bird too and its still too sad to talk about, even though it was a year ago now
And that is the same place I am too. I hope someday I can think of Eloy and only feel all great memory's, but I'm not their yet. :(

Hugs to you all! :hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

It's okay to mourn. As hard as mourning is, it's, in fact, a good thing. If there's mourning, then there must have been love. And it's that kind of deep love that makes life worthwhile.

It's okay to mourn. It's a way of honoring that life and the love you shared.

Even knowing that, though, doesn't make mourning any easier.
:sadhug2:

JAM

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I still miss M-Star. :(

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gary
You never do stop missing the companion birds you've lost. You adjust as best as you can to their absence, and keep them in your heart and thoughts, and try to let the good memories be a source of comfort.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Like I said I miss Nerd everyday and now Lurch since he escaped a year ago and was too afraid to fly down. I can think of Nerd now without always being sad and think about the good times. Lurch I wonder what happened and repost his lost ad every week just in case. It always hurts but it gets better with time as we grieve and slowly move on but never forget. I now have Dobby and he keeps me and my sister quite busy and helps fill the holes in our hearts even if he isn't Nerd or Lurch he loves us in his way just the same and we're good for each other.
Your good home and love should always be shared with another deserving fid when you're ready.