• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I might be getting a puggle this summer. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
But probably not. :-/

One of Justin's (my older brother) friend's dogs is having puggle puppies in a little less than a month. . . I've kind of been wanting another dog and I've heard and read some good things about puggles. . . So I was like, "Hey. . . possibilities. . ." I wasn't going to really say anything to Mom cause she is pretty dead set on not getting any other pets. But then justin was like, "Jess, did you ask mom yet?" And I said no, not yet, so he asked for me, even though I didn't really want him to. . . But of course mom was like, "no."

And really, I hate it when she just automatically says no when it took her less than a day to decide to get Harley. . . We wouldn't even be getting the pup until the summer! We literally got Harley the next day and Mom has never even seen the dog! Jenna had only seen him a few times, as well.

It makes me so angry that she said yes to Jenna (my sister) because she whined and cried (litterally cried) about how she wanted another dog and had never really had a pet of her own and blah bla-blah bla-blah. . .

So, why is this titled "I might be getting a puggle this summer"? Because later that night she said "I'll think about the Puggle." Now, I will admit that this made me smile, but she's probably just saying that to make me feel like she actually cares and is thinking it through before saying no. . . Even though she is most likely going to say no. :glare:

So why am I even posting about this??? 'Cause I can't help but be excited about possibly getting a puppy this summer and I wanted to share my excitement with someone! And because I seem to have the involuntary need to dissapoint myself. . . Because there is a one in five chance that she will say yes. . .

Oh! And the best part is the puppies will be given away for free! Other than that, I don't know much details and (if by some miracle) Mom says yes, I will be sure to get said details. I don't know if they will be first generation puggles, or second. . . I don't really care, though. I've never had a puppy before. Like a puppy-puppy that is still small and only months old. . .

Generally I'd be more interested in a shelter dog, but I figure that since the owners have a litter pricey hybrid puppies that they are giving away for free they aren't doing this for selfish reasons and the pups would probably end up in a shelter anyways.

Ugh! Look at me! Getting ahead of myself and getting all excited for (probably) nothing!

Well, enough rambling I suppose. What was the purpose of this thread,again?

. . . Just to share I guess.

Any and all comment and/or advice is welcome and appreciated!

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
Thanks for the well-wishes. I am actually formulating a plan to get mom to reconsider. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.