• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I love you, lets have sex

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Okay! I got ya all didt i :)

So.. we’re a few months in, and Coco is an absolute doll!
Things go well between her and Luka, and Coco gets along with the dogs as well :)

The one problem we still have is Coco wanting to mate with me.. The other she actually regurgitated into my ear :(

Whats to do about this? I dont touch her wings or other body parts other then her head for scritches :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Any activities y'all can do together without contact or limited contact? Like target training maybe? Something that works her brain and maintains your bond with her. I know @saroj12 has taught her caiques how to play basketball. :) Fun little games like that.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
My crew gets a kick out of helping me make toys for them! I spread a bunch of parts out on their floor and they all grab pieces for me to string, or just chew their favorites to splinters! Either way it's a nice relaxing family activity!

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
My crew gets a kick out of helping me make toys for them! I spread a bunch of parts out on their floor and they all grab pieces for me to string, or just chew their favorites to splinters! Either way it's a nice relaxing family activity!
That sounds fun!

When I come home from work I bring Loopey all the broken pieces from my shop, wood pieces and beads and such.

I usually toss them in his bucket but maybe we should make a few ‘ugly toys’ together with broke parts. :rofl:
broken parts, that’s terrible of me!

By the way @Lincee Loopey still does that too, just ignore THAT and it will pass. Loopey only does it once or twice a year for a few days it seems.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I don’t have any advice here, as I’ve never experienced that. But I do know you love your birbs and will figure out a way to get through this! Sounds like you’re doing everything right to me. I hope the new aviary helps as well!

@EkkieLu we've been doing that here too! Keep in mind my babies are budgies, so they mostly just start chewing all the toy parts I pull out as soon as I pull them out lol But it is such a great way to bond and super fun for all of us! I recently ordered more toy parts from CA Bird nerds, and when I pull out the box and say “toy time!” they both stop what they’re doing and come right over, it’s so sweet!

I have the same problem . But how do you ignore it when a bird is humping your arm? If I ignore it he might finish, if you know what I mean?
:embarassed: Ohhhh Blu, you are quite the little handful!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Our homemade toys never turn out as well as the vendors but we sure have fun making them! I even let Angel sit on my lap when I was crocheting. He was all into trying to do it too. I let him take the plastic hook in his beak and he was digging at the yarn with it! Lol I posted a pic of Angel Learning to Crochet! Lol