• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I just want to celebrate a mean streak being over

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Blu had been an absolute terror for somewhere between about 4-6 weeks. He was completely and utterly obsessed with his nest building. Usually when I take it down it kind of resets his attitude and he settles down and takes a break and is sweet again. But not this time! I took the nest down and he had like 1/2 a day of rest before building again and being exceptionally mean to me. He barely ate and constantly bit me. I mean he would come over to my shoulder and want love but then just bite the crap out of me. He would lunge at me whenever he felt the need and he was just genuinely being a jerk.

Every time he's like that I question whether I've done something wrong or if our relationship will ever be repaired. It can really be discouraging sometimes but I still love him and spent just as much time everyday taking the abuse even though I kind of wanted a little vacation from him:imok:

Well...I'm happy to report that as of yesterday he's being much more relaxed and happy and so very sweet again. He's giving me kisses and sitting on me being an absolute dear and has not bit me once in 2 days. I don't know why I always question if he'll ever be sweet again when he's like this. I kmow hormones happen but when he's so mean like that for so long I guess it makes you question everything .

I'm just so happy my little lovebug is back!

:starshower1::starshower::starshower1:

:woot2::yah::woot2:

:bounce4::bounce4::cantwait:

:cloud9::swoon::marlenesmile:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Thank you!

Yay, fingers crossed it continues!
Thank you! In the past when I've announced it here I've jinxed myself so that's very true. :lol:
I could tell atleast he's a little more normal though because even though he's still building it's not an obsession and he's allowing me near the nest and he's eating so well. That makes me very happy.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Woohoo!!

I cleaned out Ripley's nest the other day....he was mad at me for 2 whole days and I freaked out thinking I had made him mad for good :lol: 4 to 6 weeks sounds so unbearable especially when you are right in the middle of it!

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Woohoo!!

I cleaned out Ripley's nest the other day....he was mad at me for 2 whole days and I freaked out thinking I had made him mad for good :lol: 4 to 6 weeks sounds so unbearable especially when you are right in the middle of it!
Thanks! I'm glad Ripley got over it fairly quickly too!!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...very good news!
Every time he's like that I question whether I've done something wrong or if our relationship will ever be repaired.
Sometimes it can feel exactly like that with just about any one of the birds. Buddy will get in one of those "I HATE EVERYBODY" moods every once in awhile...and it will last for a week or more.
She definitely is a Diva...and uses that fact to her advantage as much as she can...:rolleyes:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Sounds a lot like living with a woman. :lol: ;)

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
...very good news!

Sometimes it can feel exactly like that with just about any one of the birds. Buddy will get in one of those "I HATE EVERYBODY" moods every once in awhile...and it will last for a week or more.
She definitely is a Diva...and uses that fact to her advantage as much as she can...:rolleyes:

Thanks! Can I ask, does Buddy only act like that when she's making a nest? I seem to recall you said she likes to make nests? I hope I'm not making that up ?

Sounds a lot like living with a woman. :lol: ;)
John! :rofl:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I hope he continues to be sweet for you.
I can’t imagine such a cutie like Blu being grumpy....to me he always looks so happy!

:rofl:
He looks sweet (remember all birds have neutral faces most of the time:D) but he's a quaker through and through. And a male one at that! Quakers are fierce little things! :)

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so happy for your sake Diane. ♥
And Blu should be very happy that you allowed him to be who he is and not giving up on him when he is mean.
I'm not sure that you realize what a wonderful person you are. :)
I don't know why I always question if he'll ever be sweet again when he's like this. I kmow hormones happen but when he's so mean like that for so long I guess it makes you question everything .
I remember Eloys first big hormonal period and how I got to bed with tears and never thought that I was gonna have my loving and playful boy back.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I'm so happy for your sake Diane. ♥
And Blu should be very happy that you allowed him to be who he is and not giving up on him when he is mean.
I'm not sure that you realize what a wonderful person you are. :)

I remember Eloys first big hormonal period and how I got to bed with tears and never thought that I was gonna have my loving and playful boy back.
Aww, that's so sweet of you to say JT! I could never give up on my little man, as abusive as he can be sometimes. I promised him I would never give up on him. Thank you for the kind words and empathy! :kiss2: