• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I just recieved this a day or so ago

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
The hardware is zinc so be careful. I like it but can’t use it with my guys. Don’t trust them not to chew the washer from the inside

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
When you unscrew it do both washers come off? Then you can replace with ss washers. Let me know, I’d buy a few.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
All my fids love bells! I primarily buy them the stainless steel ones, as I worry about the possibility of metal toxicity over time.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
All my fids love bells! I primarily buy them the stainless steel ones, as I worry about the possibility of metal toxicity over time.
I worry about that too after I bought it. Ill observe it well once I get it and let you know if its safe, if not ill use it for crafting. lol

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Yikes! The last thing I want to hear all day long is bells. Not me, thank you...

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
You'll like 'em. Farlie took to it right away.
I bought the last three! Two I know they’ll be like Farlie and accept them right away. One is a Quaker who will scream bloody murder if I put it in his cage.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Theres a little bell that hangs off the bottom of Lucys boing. She plays with it. Thats what makes me think she will like the bell toy.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Product description
Color:Bird Toys Ringer Bells

Size: 7.8* 1.4 inches

Made of the metal , non-toxic materials

Colorful, beautiful, your parrot will surely enjoy it .

Suitable for parakeets, cockatiels and other similar size birds

Give your parrot a treat and have hours of fun watching them play.

An ideal toy designed for your little friends to play and bite, easy install in the cage.

Package included:

1x Parrot Bells Toys

This is what it said @Nikomania . What do you think?

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm pretty OCD when it comes to the metals. If I don't know what it's made from, then I usually pass. I even purchase stainless steel hardware for all their toys and fasteners. It's just me needing to know what's being used for peace-of-mind.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Case in point: @FlyingMacaws CAG was just diagnosed with zinc poisoning, which occurs from noshing on toxic metals. It happens more often than not. Toys that are marked parrot safe aren't always safe.

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
Case in point: @FlyingMacaws CAG was just diagnosed with zinc poisoning, which occurs from noshing on toxic metals. It happens more often than not. Toys that are marked parrot safe aren't always safe.
Zinc poisoning is scary and dangerous. Signs don’t show up right away. Vet told me that zinc poisoning can take MONTHS to show symptoms and when they appear it’s quick. I’ve spent literally a few thousand dollars in the past 3-4 days to save Warlord. Multiple blood panels, xrays, ultrasounds and nights at the UF vet clinic.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@FlyingMacaws So glad to know that he's now on the road back to recovery. My heart had sunk when I learned that yet another bird was needlessly suffering from zinc toxicity.

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
Zinc poisoning is scary and dangerous. Signs don’t show up right away. Vet told me that zinc poisoning can take MONTHS to show symptoms and when they appear it’s quick. I’ve spent literally a few thousand dollars in the past 3-4 days to save Warlord. Multiple blood panels, xrays, ultrasounds and nights at the UF vet clinic.
So sorry to hear and hope Warlord is doing better now.

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
@FlyingMacaws So glad to know that he's now on the road back to recovery. My heart had sunk when I learned that yet another bird was needlessly suffering from zinc toxicity.
It’s terrible and though I know he contracted the zinc poisoning before he came home to me, it’s still made me look and re-examine my entire setups for my fids. No bird should go through this.