• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I just love 'im

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwwwwwww

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Awww what a sweet boy. You are right about him being so very cute!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Awww :swoon: We love him, too! :yes3:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@hrafn I love all of your Taco updates, but every wonderful pic you post is even more incredible when I think of where he came from and how spectacular and loving his life is now because of you. :heart2:
Taco, the beautiful and horrendously neglected B&G, is home and safe!

It look a lot of saving and a lot of needling friends to borrow their trucks, but it was so worth it. The pictures on Kijiji were enough to make me sick -- seeing him in the flesh, in his rusted and filth-encrusted cage, nibbling from a bowl of wild bird seed and lunging fearfully at his former owners was enough to make my blood boil. He had a single perch and one toy, which was about the right size for a cockatiel.

His feathers are crap, his breathing is loud, and he looks like he was run over a few times, but now he's free to roam and explore and gorge himself on fresh fruit and vegetables to his heart's desire.

I love him with all my heart.

View attachment 277231 View attachment 277232
Thank you every day for this. :hug8:

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
@hrafn I love all of your Taco updates, but every wonderful pic you post is even more incredible when I think of where he came from and how spectacular and loving his life is now because of you. :heart2:
I really don't know where I'd be without him. All my fids are angels, and to think where I'd be if I didn't have them...

Seeing Taco on Kijiji, watching the weeks go by and the ad get more and more desperate, deciding to drive way out into the boonies to meet him, and promising to look after him until I found him the perfect forever home...it was all just serendipity leading me to one of the best friends I've ever had.

It was never the plan to keep him. My dream bird has always been a B&G, and I thought I'd be blessed just to have him in my life for a short while. But after all, who was I to keep him? This huge, terrified macaw who would probably scream himself hoarse and rip me to pieces after all he'd suffered? He needed someone with experience, someone who had macaws, someone who knew how to help a bird with PTSD, someone who didn't live in a duplex apartment with wafer-thin walls.

But then I met him. And man.

Misters mama

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Wendy
I know that feeling! I don't know what i'd do without Mister and he still has days where he'll be napping and the wake up screaming, but now he calms down when he sees one of us......even my bf whom he doesn't like. And now he's a camera ham! IMG_20181215_104849.jpg IMG_20181219_115610.jpg

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Taco is absolutely precious. :heart:

I totally agree! Though, I never saw that post about Taco when you first got him @hrafn. I knew you got him from a tough place, but I never saw that post, and that first picture is heartbreaking. So, so relieving to know that he found the most amazing home, though. :hug8:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
That's a beautiful bird but that beak is far too large for my taste. OUCH! My Farlie bites and breaks skin just right for me. :rofl:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a beautiful bird but that beak is far too large for my taste. OUCH! My Farlie bites and breaks skin just right for me. :rofl:
The closest thing to a bite I've yet been given by Taco is this:

20190102_103919.jpg
:lol:

His claws are the real danger! I've got some impressive scars in my forearm from him slipping and digging his talons in. Klutz.