• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video I hope this is not him dramatizing but...

ChubbChubb

Sitting on the front steps
My cocky cockatiel Zizo has been limping for the past two days.. it's always his left foot. It all started after my mom presumably stepped on his teeny tiny foot in the dark (she wasn't sure..). He doesn't react at all when I touch his little grippers, (except for the usual silent whining (he doesn't like his pitter pitter being touched)).. So it obviously doesn't hurt there. I also physically assessed his "waist" but again no reaction. We're doing EVERYTHING to avoid coming to the conclusion that he needs a vet check cause.. we ain' got that kinda money..! I attached a video, just wanna know what I can do, and if he just needs time!
Thanks lots in advance!!
Video: ⬇
Zizo - Google Drive

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I was unable to view your footage I am sorry, I also do not fully understand your description of what you are touching and assessing.

ChubbChubb

I was unable to view your footage I am sorry, I also do not fully understand your description of what you are touching and assessing.
Hm strange... try this? Zizo - Google Drive

For the assessing I looked around his foot and "knees" touched here and there close to the hip too. Just to see if he would yell or react so i could at least pinpoint the approximate area where he got hurt.. but to no avail..

Sorry

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I was able to view, my best advice is get him see at avian vet. He limping badly. Pick up odd jobs do whatever it takes to get to vet please.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Birds are usually not dramatic when it comes to injuries and illness. In fact, it's usually the opposite. They are prey animals and try to hide sickness and pain whenever possible.

If you give us a general idea of where you are in the world, we can try to help you find a vet

ChubbChubb

Birds are usually not dramatic when it comes to injuries and illness. In fact, it's usually the opposite. They are prey animals and try to hide sickness and pain whenever possible.

If you give us a general idea of where you are in the world, we can try to help you find a vet
Alright I see! We live in ontario, Canada. Anywhere might work as long as it's not too far up north in ontario. Since we're near the us-ca border.

Thank you for the info too!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Alright I see! We live in ontario, Canada. Anywhere might work as long as it's not too far up north in ontario. Since we're near the us-ca border.

Thank you for the info too!
@flyzipper may be able to assist with vet recommendations!

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Here's two I have direct experience with...

Close to the US border can mean Sarnia & Windsor, or Niagara, or even Kingston & Cornwall regions.

Let me know if you'd like something closer and I will help locate.

ChubbChubb

Here's two I have direct experience with...

Close to the US border can mean Sarnia & Windsor, or Niagara, or even Kingston & Cornwall regions.

Let me know if you'd like something closer and I will help locate.
I see, we're beside niagara. We won't mind traveling a little for her. I'll discuss it with my mom. Thanks for the help!

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
While you're considering vet options, have you restricted Zizo's movements?
Ideally, he should be in a "hospital" cage, with easily accessible food and water dishes, and a simple stable perch, all on the floor of the enclosure.
This will limit his movements and help to ensure the injury isn't further aggravated.

ChubbChubb

While you're considering vet options, have you restricted Zizo's movements?
Ideally, he should be in a "hospital" cage, with easily accessible food and water dishes, and a simple stable perch, all on the floor of the enclosure.
This will limit his movements and help to ensure the injury isn't further aggravated.
Ah yes I forgot. I'll make sure I do that once I get home! Thanks for the reminder :)