• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I haven't posted for a while

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
How are you and Sebastian holding up, @Mek0060? :)

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

Mek0060

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
Hey Karen. Thanks for asking! We buried Arnold in the back yard, and his grave has a stone. I bought a radio and a mirror for Sebastian. It's not the same. He needs a companion. Even with us in the room, he just needs another bird. He is so loud now. All the time. I think he's yelling to see if there are any other Linnies out there.:)

Last edited:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Hey Karen. Thanks for asking! We buried Arnold in the back yard, and his grave has a stone. I bought a radio and a mirror for Sebastian. It's not the same. He needs a companion. Even with us in the room, he just needs another bird. He is so loud now. All the time. I think he's yelling to see if there are any other Linnies out there.:)
What a beautiful way to remember Arnold & keep him near you. :heart:

I hope the worst of Sebastan's grief passes quickly. (And yours, too.) Will you be getting him a companion?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am do sorry for your loss.

Bagpipes

Walking the driveway
:sorrow:...Sebastian is grieving too. Hopefully, he will settle down a little, especially if you can get one of those babies from Matto.

Mek0060

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
image.jpeg

Well. I was worried about Sebastian being alone. It's really hard to find Linnies these days. So...my daughter and I went to the local pet store and she chose this little yellow baby. I can't tell if it's male or female but "Sunny" is in her own cage, next door to Sebastian. We just bought Sunny this morning. She's scared but, interested in Sebastian and occasionally chirping. My daughter and I have been playing music and talking to her all day. She LOVES Taylor Swift, I know, I've had budgies before and know that "content" look. But waiting to see her eat.

Last edited:

Mek0060

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
But Sebastian is really interested in Sunny! He's trying to get her attention.

Mek0060

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
Update : I took the mirror out of Sebastian's cage because I think he was becoming too fixated on it. Sweet baby Sunny, the budgie I got so he wouldn't be alone in the bird room, chirps at him, but mostly at me. She has a big home right next to his massive one. And mostly Sebastian attends to me or my husband in the room rather than her.
The good news, I feel I gave her a good home. Sunny was in a local pet store. She seems very happy. She loves the music we play for her and tolerates Sebastian 's squawking. It was hard for me to have him in a room by himself. Still waiting to hear about Matto's babies. But I don't like for anyone to be alone and I had another big cage...but I had forgotten how little budgies are!

Mek0060

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
I want Arnold back. I don't know that I'll ever have another bird with his personality. It just makes me sick.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I want Arnold back. I don't know that I'll ever have another bird with his personality. It just makes me sick.
:sadhug2: They'll all be different, but you will love them all. Some will share a special connection with you in a way that only they can. You will not find another Arnold, nor likely anyone you love more. But if you're very lucky you'll find one you can love just as much. :hug8: