• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have young Starling in my bath tub now

Toffee's owner

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Vinny
Hi all,
I remember a while back here there was a lady that was hand raising a pet Starling. I dont particularly want to raise it as a pet but I dont want it to die either. Any idea on what I can feed her/him?
We have tried looking for the nest but we cannot find anything. I did hear a few adult starlings going on outside this morning, I guess that was her mum and dad upset their baby was outside on the drive and not in her nest :(

Toffee's owner

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Vinny
Thanks for that. Ive ground up some of my Cockatiel seed with warm milk and are feeding it that atm, via a syringe.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is this an adult or a baby? Use the recipe listed on the Starling Talk site.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is he a fledgling? Maybe you can put him back where you found him, supervised of course to see if mom and dad will come. If not, then you could find a wildlife rehabilitation, if not, then you'll need to feed him. They are " omnivores ",, mealworms, chopped hard boiled eggs, soaked kitty or dog kibble in a pinch, cooked cooled oatmeal, even a teeny bit of fine dice chicken, no milk or cheese products. Let us know,,,good luck and can you post a pic?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
The OP is in New Zealand which might make it hard for her to find a rehabber. I believe they're considered invasive.