• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have never used this cage for travel....

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
I want to know if the sides look sparse. My husband isn't coming with me this time as I'm going back to Louisiana (got all sorts of interviews yay!)

I know its small but I need to be able to handle it myself and its only for a few days!

Do they need more toys or... I feel if I put more toys in the cage will be crowded. But I'm not sure if there's enough there to keep them busy for a good four days or so e.e.

Right now they have the full run of the bedroom as all their other stuff is (mostly) packed away.

Maiboch is happily displaying who's side is who's.

Attachments

Last edited:

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
And they are both cuddling against my neck right now because they need 'comfort' after their pretty homes have been dismantled.
Poor darlings are actually getting along on my shoulders one on either side of my neck.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I would only put their absolute favorites in the cage. You can always bring toys with you and rotate them. They will be fine. Good luck on the job interviews.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Good luck. The cage looks fine for a short time.

Colbon2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
good Luck! looks great!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It looks like you've done a good job. Make sure all the toys are secured top and bottom so nothing swings/moves and hits them. I usually attached some soft fleece toys to the side of the travel cage so they can hold onto if they need to while the vehicle is turning. Make sure the travel cage is seat belted in, that will help too.

Is that a concrete or rough textured hard perch I see in there? If it is, may I suggest a soft perch or possibly wrap it vet wrap. It will give them something to hold tight too without it roughing up the bottom of their feet while the vehicle is moving and turning and if there were to be a slip and fall you don't want a hard perch for them to hit.

Good luck!