• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I hated to do it.. But Maiboch has a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
Her jealousy and aggression got to the point that she would beline for Porter no matter what I did. She would escape her cage and STILL get to him despite a partial clip.

Porter bit one of her toe nails off.

I took her to the vet .. It was dealt with.
But she was obviously obsessed.

She is now with a nice woman and is an only bird. Considering how much she hates other birds? This is for the best at this point.

Still doesnt feel good.
I let her down somehow and couldnt fix it.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
You didn't let her down, you got her to a place where she can live relax without being concerned about another bird. I know we're big on forever around here, but sometimes it does not work. People get sick, personalities clash (sometimes violently) or sometimes they deserve something a new home that can fulfill a need we can't. If you can't be their forever home hopefully we can help them find it.

Hopefully this woman will be just what Maiboch needs. Then it's no different than if you'd been fostering her this whole time.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
You didn't let her down. Sometimes the best decisions are the hardest ones to make.

You did what was in the interests of both Maiboch and Porter, even though it hurt. In my books, that makes you an amazing person. :bluhug:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
You made the best move for both of your well-being. It's hard to make decisions like this but you did the right thing for all concerned.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
As has been said, you didn't let Maiboch down. There are some situations that we as humans cannot alter or change, even with all of our trying...it's just out of our hands.

The safety of all concerned is the first consideration...always has been, and always will be.

Maiboch is an "only" bird...there are some birds that are just that. From what you've said, she will be happy...and loved at her new home.

Hugs for you...:sadhug2: :sadhug2: :sadhug2:

Oh yes..one more thought...I believe Milton is also an "only" bird...he was raised surrounded by people, and obviously didn't interact with many...or probably any... other birds. When it comes to his next home, he will have to be the "only" bird...or barring that, separated from other birds, like it is here. I know he would cause injury to other birds, left on his own devices...

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I think you made the right choice for everyone involved! I’m sure it wasn’t easy but it sounds like a happy ending for all parties involved. I also appreciate you sharing your story, it took a lot of courage.

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
I've had her since she was 9 weeks old.
Saying goodbye was just hard but she is already being a cuddle monster with her new Mum and has been dubbed "Maia"
So I feel a bit better.

And thank you everyone. It was a hard decision to make I don't feel quite as bad now. Still sucks though.

I don't think im going to get any more birds for a while.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.