1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I got to scritch Riti!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Parrot Lane' started by Mark & Da Boyz, 9/9/18.

1. Mark & Da Boyz

Mark & Da Boyz Walking the driveway

Mark Nash
    After a year she sat still and let me scritch her, and yes those little feathers are a soft as they look. It took a lot of trust for her to do so. I have been offering a Sunflower seed (shelled) for a couple of months now always from my right hand. At first she was very leary but then she started to get the idea of a treat for free and I wasn't going to grab her. Lately she got the the point I'd count my fingers after she had snatched the treat right out of my fingers. Today Cheddar was in her cage and I shooed him out and just sat there so I thought maybe today's the day and slowly lower my finger on her neck and she sat there I started to rub and bit and she roller her head forward so I get a good scritch going. She sat there for a couple of minutes letting me scritcher before she started to edge away. BUT IT'S A START!! :hug8:

The Fig.jpg

Dartman, Lwalker, d_msparkles and 3 others like this.
  2. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    Great news!

3. d_msparkles

d_msparkles Sprinting down the street

So sweet! She is such a beautiful birdie! :heart:

4. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Yay! One step at a time..

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)