• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I got Seb to eat bread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockatielmom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lex Kinast
This is a big day for me because for 6 long years all he would eat was seeds. NOTHING else. I gave him dried bread to play with and now softer bread and he is eating the soft stuff- it's still obviously not complete nutrition but now that he is venturing towards something soft with a different texture, the possibilities open up for him to eat bird bread, and maybe eventually even REAL fruits and veggies. Anyway, wanted to share! :D:dance4:

kastelling

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
That's AWESOME! I struggle with this with my tiel as well, so I know what a big deal it is! :highfive:

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
That's great news. I know how rewarding it is to finally get a bird to eat something besides seeds.

My birds loves the sprouted Ezekiel bread and it remains a regular part of their diet. I keep it in the freezer, and give them a slice two or three times a week. They love it.

cockatielmom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lex Kinast
Thanks Megan and Jo. Jo, I was actually thinking about getting some pumpkin ezekiel bread (if he doesn't like it, I like it and it is high fiber and good for us humans, too). :highfive: Here is to never giving up and celebrating the "small things" (after all, what if life if not a successive series of small successes and setbacks which we assign value to)? :heart: And right now Oskar is screaming , looking out the window (they are both out of their cages most of the day, they have access to come and go as they want unless I am cooking, it's bed time or I am going out. But... yeah. Happy. The sprouted Ezekiel bread... yup. :dancing:The older I get (I am 29 and turning 30 in April) the more little things make me happy. I was never really into material objects, but I didn't stop so much to appreciate the little things. Now something as simple as watching a slug crawl around or a squirrel hanging out in the tree near my balcony or one of my boys eating bread makes me very content. :p:p

cockatielmom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lex Kinast
Jo, your birds are adorable. Being a tiel fan, I am especially drawn to your little Violent, but they are all beautiful.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:highfive: you can also try hiding some veggies inside of the bread...that is how we tricked Princess Mitch here who refuses to eat veggies..she does love bread and mashed potatoes..so now I slip some veggies in her mashed potatoes and she eats the whole thing..as for fruits, tiels are not big on fruits, so give that up.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on Seb's progress!

Matt

Status