• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I got another one... Oops.

Raa

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kirra
So I wasn't really looking for another bird. I've been doing it really tough for the last year and have been effectively homeless (couch surfing) and unemployed. Luckily I was able to finish my study and get a really good job in my chosen field and I had an amazing friend who kept my girl safe for me. Unfortunately the first person I had her boarded with absolutely neglected and abused her so there was some rehab that had to happen along the way.

So during this time my friend was given a galah from a lady who had liberated her from some elderly people who just didn't have a clue. Wanda/Miss Pink was kept in a cage I wouldn't have a budgie in, no toys, home brand seed from Coles and clipped wings, even though she never left the cage. The poor girl was a neurotic terrified mess.

My friend decided on day one that she was supposed to be with me and Echo. And it's worked out amazingly well. They share a cage and Wanda is a completely different bird. She's in great feather and no longer fussing at her chest, eats amazingly and plays with toys. And best of all isn't fearful of everything new. They aren't pair bonded (both girls anyway), and mostly just stay out of each other's way. But they've been so good for each other. Echo's vocalisations are much more manageable now too which is definitely a win for me. FB_IMG_1519283082290.jpg IMG_20180221_152627.jpg

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue, Wanda! :)

Thanks for giving her a great home...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Such pretty birds! I am glad you are all doing well. : )

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Awww they look very happy. I'm sure poor Wanda is loving the larger space! Nice you have the ability to keep her.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
What an amazing story! I am so happy Wanda is now safe and happy, and you have a home again!:heart:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats. It's great that they get along with each other.

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
I'm so happy for you two! I hope those two lucky gals stay the best of friends and live long, healthy, happy lives with one another!