• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I found Gilligans Breeder, but...

Skipper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Scott Schifer
Barney's Pets in Chino, CA. A warehouse breeder of all things. They confirmed the BBF leg band was theirs, but would not give me info because Petco is their customer, not me. Privacy issue. They said I had to have Petco ask. So, I have emailed Petco's customer service and will see what they do. I suspect nothing.

I just want a hatch day. :banghead:

Scott

CrystalLeo

Real Name
Christi
Oh man, that's just terrible! They should be able to give you a hatch day at least! :meh:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Did you buy him at Petco? All big chain pet stores buy at factory farmed birds. :(

But the petcos and petsmarts around my are always have hatchdates posted.

CrystalLeo

Real Name
Christi
No sorry sadly i haven't. I live in SA and around here there aren't any petco's. But definitely mass bred birds and animals in general. No puppymills or anything like that, that i've seen yet, but exotic birds are really hard to come by close to me. So i mostly have pet shops and the like that have many budgies and finches all cramped in one cage for each species. Most don't even have leg rings, the majority don't mind you. I have no idea where Brody came from or how old he really is. And i'm also just guessing his gender.

Sparky04

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
I admire that you were able to get this far with your research. Too bad they wouldn't give you a hatchdate. I wouldn't consider one bird's hatchdate to be a privacy issue, but I guess they just don't want to be sued. I looked for Cora's breeder, and did find a name, but no website or anything. Considering they were shut down by the police, I'm not surprised. We've found absolutely nothing about Duncan's breeder, her band doesn't even have a state on it. :huh: But Duncan is 23 so I guess finding her breeder would be a long shot.

Skipper

Real Name
Scott Schifer
I found him in a tree by our hosue. I assume the previous owner pruchased him from our local Petco since they have the same bands. I asked there, but they do not keep records.

Maybe Petco customer service wiill come through, but I doubt it.

Thanks for the support.

Scott

CrystalLeo

Real Name
Christi
I guess all we people can do is keep trying until something happens if we want to go through all that effort. What kind of bird is Barney?

Skipper

Real Name
Scott Schifer
Barney's is the breeder. My bird is Gilligan, a Cinnamon Green Cheek.

Petco replied that they are happty to contact the breeder and get his hatch date. So there is hope!

Scott

CrystalLeo

Real Name
Christi
Whoops, sorry my bad. Hahahahaha typing while at work does need some concentration at some stages :p. YEAY! I'm glad to see that you might just be able to get his hatch date! :laughing12:

Skipper

Real Name
Scott Schifer
Well, Petco did try, but they could not find any record if his leg band in any of their stores. Since they could not verify they sold him, they will not call the breeder. I can understand that and am very appreciative of the effort they made. I will try Barney's Pets (the breeder) again. Maybe a letter with a photo of the leg band.
Will keep you all posted.
Thanks,
Scott and Gilligan.