• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I finally suceeded with Jazzy

Jazzysmama

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Jazzy gets a med every other day via of small syringe. She has always stressed out when it was time for any med. After a couple months of hard work we've finally mastered it, this is a huge step forward for her. When she see's me approach her with it, she will automatically come to the front of her cage, stand on her perch, I stick the syringe through the cage bars, Jazzy puts her mouth over the syringe tip and drinks it down for me as I feed it to her. No more stress, med time is so easy. I am amazed that we mastered it. Now if only I could get Breeze to do that for me but nope, she'd rather hide against the back of the cage calling me names til med time is done.:rolleyes:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! That is great! This is just my opinion, but I would keep up using the syringe after she is done with her meds. You could use something like a small amount of apple juice, carrot juice or orange juice. This will keep her use to it in case it is needed again. Also, if Breeze keeps seeing Jazzy do it and being happy after, she may be willing to try it. Matt

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Congratulations! That is great! This is just my opinion, but I would keep up using the syringe after she is done with her meds. You could use something like a small amount of apple juice, carrot juice or orange juice. This will keep her use to it in case it is needed again. Also, if Breeze keeps seeing Jazzy do it and being happy after, she may be willing to try it. Matt
Great idea, thanks.

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Jazzy gets a med every other day via of small syringe. She has always stressed out when it was time for any med. After a couple months of hard work we've finally mastered it, this is a huge step forward for her. When she see's me approach her with it, she will automatically come to the front of her cage, stand on her perch, I stick the syringe through the cage bars, Jazzy puts her mouth over the syringe tip and drinks it down for me as I feed it to her. No more stress, med time is so easy. I am amazed that we mastered it. Now if only I could get Breeze to do that for me but nope, she'd rather hide against the back of the cage calling me names til med time is done.:rolleyes:
Call me names I would love to be a fly on the wall for that like a argument with a teenager ...:):coffeescreen:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yeah and Matt love the idea!