• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I feel so guilty!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yesterday we bought Paco a new cage. We moved him and Rio to the office by the sliders. They can look out over the pool and the water; they love it.

Today we scrubbed down the whole bird room and rearranged. The whole day Ernie was happy, chattering, hung out with the tiel girls, climbed on top of Paco and Rio’s cages. Would not go to bed. Ate a whole bowl of salad and spaghetti. Still didn’t want to go to bed and was quite put out with me about it.

Finally it hit me. When we first got Ernie HIS cage was in the office! He was excited because he thought we were moving him in there!

Hubby says maybe we can make it happen.

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Ernie is lucky you KNOW him. Hopefullly it will work out with the cage location.

But regardless it sounds like Ernie loves his home and flockmates

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Sounds like he did ok and is happy with his lot in life. Hopefully he gets his space back but I think he'll be OK, he's decided you all are his family and likes everyone. When you earn it they trust you the rest of their lives.

lyx

Sprinting down the street
awww bless little Ernie!! Very nice of hubby, hopefully you can figure out a way :)

So cute with his spaghetti face :heart:

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:greet14:
Hi, Ernie!
:heart:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So where does Ernie stay at?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
So where does Ernie stay at?

He lives in the bird room. He was first in the office, then I felt like after my last book was done I was in the office a lot less so I put him by the TV.....but he goes to sleep at 5:30 or 6..... so to give him better sleep I moved him to the bird room. He's been in there at least a couple of years.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@finchly I just realized how incredibly brave, trusting or naïve you must be to give Ernie marinara while wearing a white shirt! :shocked6:Did your shirt survive the post-meal beak wipe?

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@finchly I just realized how incredibly brave, trusting or naïve you must be to give Ernie marinara while wearing a white shirt! :shocked6:Did your shirt survive the post-meal beak wipe?
NAIVE. This man I was going to marry (who died) used to shake his head and say YOU ARE SO NAIVE. Sometimes I still hear it!!!

NO it did not pass. He pooped down my back and the whole front of the shirt has a huge marinara splash. It's one of my two white shirts that doesn't have bird stains or paint. :(

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm naïve, too. One of my former co-workers used to call me Pollyanna. :shy: What can I say? Hope springs eternal. :D
It's one of my two white shirts that doesn't have bird stains or paint. :(
* You mean "didn't". :sadhug:

Between dog hair and birds I'm trying to phase solid colors out of my wardrobe altogether. :hilarious:

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
I too love the photo. He is so healthy looking. And obviously happy. They really know how to pull us in. How old is he again?

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
You have tiels too....what other types of parrots do you have? I am amazed that Ernie gets along with other flockmates. My wcp isnt too friendly with my other pionus. I am hoping he will get better with age. Ernie sounds like a dream

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I too love the photo. He is so healthy looking. And obviously happy. They really know how to pull us in. How old is he again?
He’s 22. He normally isn’t too friendly with them, that’s why I was surprised. Today he did it all again though. It’s almost like he decided the 2 tiels are his flock mates, he got on their favorite perch with them.

I have:
Ernie
2 tiels
2 caiques
2 parrotlets
Canaries and finches.