• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I feel bad for some of these birds out there

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Not a bird cage but equally as messed up.. It even looks bigger in the picture..

IMG_20191014_182700.jpg IMG_20191014_182712.jpg nice for a succulent, disgusting for a fish.

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
I feel my current cages are too small but can't get anything bigger yet as we are still in the small house.

(Might be moving soon cross fingers!)

I have 18x30x36 cages for my budgie and my broto. Still too small.
I don't understand how people can justify vying a tiny cage and leaving the animal in there for years. Its darned heart breaking. Even when i didn't know better and had smallish cages as a kid my animals got plenty of out time when I was home :c

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
the person that wanted to get another bird to hurry up the process bought another...female now is asking will one male mate all three females in a big cage

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
the person that wanted to get another bird to hurry up the process bought another...female now is asking will one male mate all three females in a big cage
:bash:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That sucks :(
If they don´t know what they are doing then they should not be doing it.

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
I know that feeling. I'm trying to get an address out of a guy with like... 15 mostly plucked tiels in a tiny cage so I can report him to the SPCA. :| No luck so far. I'll keep the pictures as attachments so anyone who doesn't want to see can avoid them. There are more pics, but these are the worst.

Attachments

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Poor Tiels. Where did you find the pics? Are they up for rehoming?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Good luck getting the address!! :hug9:Hopefully once you report it they can go and help these birds

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I know that feeling. I'm trying to get an address out of a guy with like... 15 mostly plucked tiels in a tiny cage so I can report him to the SPCA. :| No luck so far. I'll keep the pictures as attachments so anyone who doesn't want to see can avoid them. There are more pics, but these are the worst.
Omg </3 Poor poor babies. Hope you can get the address and report them :( Maybe legit offer to buy them and set up a day to pick em up y'know - they'd have to give you an address then...

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Omg </3 Poor poor babies. Hope you can get the address and report them :( Maybe legit offer to buy them and set up a day to pick em up y'know - they'd have to give you an address then...
It's what I'm trying to do. I might try to contact them again and be a little more adamant about buying one.

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
It's what I'm trying to do. I might try to contact them again and be a little more adamant about buying one.
when i was younger i went to someones house to buy a tiel and the ine i wanted they said prolly wouldnt live long because it was sick they had cages among cages with tiels in them i ended up picking two other ones and the one i picked couldnt fly and was blind must of been old when i got him but was with me quite a few years before getting very old where my budgie males would feed him and he had arthritis aswell

Ram

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Ramira
I have an Aunty who has a small cage for her birds and their food isn’t even the right food like the seeds for that specific bird. The cage set up is also terrible, I tried to fix it when I came for a visit, but the birds look so unhealthy. I just want to adopt them but if I ask my Aunty, she’s gonna be upset and most likely not give it away. I just feel so bad for the birds :crycry2:

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I have an Aunty who has a small cage for her birds and their food isn’t even the right food like the seeds for that specific bird. The cage set up is also terrible, I tried to fix it when I came for a visit, but the birds look so unhealthy. I just want to adopt them but if I ask my Aunty, she’s gonna be upset and most likely not give it away. I just feel so bad for the birds :crycry2:
If you are looking for assistance, make a new thread. This thread is old and not many people will see your reply.

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Ive been asked other questions to like they thought the spot on the back of the head on a budgie has to do with intelligence I don't know why I ever turned messages back on,on my page lol
SAME !! I absolutely hate when I get a message on my facebook page! I'm always afraid it's going to be some Stinker canoe asking terrible questions. Sometimes I really can't tell if it's a troll or a seriously disturbed individual. Unfortunately I can't turn off my messages on FB because that's how most of my clients get a hold of me.

I definitely had to turn off my Insta messages though, I was literally getting death threats from people on the other side of the world when I refused to ship them my Fallow birds. SO CRAZY !!