• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I don't want to do this, but I think waiting will make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
This is one of my worst fears, and I don't mind going... I just don't want to leave my Fids uncared for! I am so glad you were able to calm the anxiety, and hope that you will have many many more years of happiness together!

Misters mama

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Wendy
In all honesty I just quit listening to everyone else in the house and listened to my heart.
I'm sure part of the reason I even parts this was the anxiety caused by being unsure of what would happen to him but it was made exponentially worse by having my normal anxiety running high.
I'm glad there were people here that could give such good grounded advice for me and I will look into both the godparent and the rescue fronts so he will be taken care of if he or lives me.
Thank you all for your advice and support :bounce6:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thank you all. You have really helped with this. I cried all day yesterday at the thought of him leaving me. It gave me the only answer I need, I can't live without him.
Mister will stay with me until the end, and my kids can find him a loving home if that's what's needed.
Thank you all.
There are great rescues that you can 'will' him to if need be. There will always be parrot rescues and who knows, maybe someday your kids or their kids will have a change of heart. Enjoy life now, can't worry about things after we are gone. But you can make legal provisions so he is left to someone or a rescue you would trust.

Where we adopted our Sophie, there were many macaws and even a hyacinth that was willed to the rescue.

NBGwen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gwen
In all honesty I just quit listening to everyone else in the house and listened to my heart.
I'm sure part of the reason I even parts this was the anxiety caused by being unsure of what would happen to him but it was made exponentially worse by having my normal anxiety running high.
I'm glad there were people here that could give such good grounded advice for me and I will look into both the godparent and the rescue fronts so he will be taken care of if he or lives me.
Thank you all for your advice and support :bounce6:

Anxiety is our worst enemy - I have generalized anxiety. When I got my Kalypso (parrotlet), I hadn't even thought of her helping it. It's amazing how chill I feel with her and I wish I could bring her everywhere with me (I'm sure she would adore that). I'm so glad you listened to your heart <3 It's hard when those in your life think they know best - it makes your anxiety WORSE! It's hard, but learning to listen to yourself is so huge. He helps you and you love each other - that's what's important.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly

Anxiety is our worst enemy - I have generalized anxiety. When I got my Kalypso (parrotlet), I hadn't even thought of her helping it. It's amazing how chill I feel with her and I wish I could bring her everywhere with me (I'm sure she would adore that). I'm so glad you listened to your heart <3 It's hard when those in your life think they know best - it makes your anxiety WORSE! It's hard, but learning to listen to yourself is so huge. He helps you and you love each other - that's what's important.

Nodding nodding nodding... YES YES YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.