• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I don’t like it!

WillowNMurphy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Willow
So lately Murphy hasn’t been enjoying baths as much as he used to. I put him in the usual sink with the usual water and he just has a quick dunk and flies out. He’s also moulting so I thought he would enjoy baths more. Is it normal for some cheekies to just not like baths after a while?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hey, Burt is going through this exact thing at the moment. He is molting again so I figured he would like to be offered a shower more often but he has just been refusing them for quite a while now. I sneak a misting in when he is in the right sort of mood and playful but he is removing himself from the mist after only a few sprays. Normally he screams his head off and keeps coming back for more water but we have the complete opposite happening at the moment for some reason. I thought the warmer weather may have made him want a shower/spray but no go. I will keep an eye on this thread to see what advice you get :)

WillowNMurphy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Willow
Hey, Burt is going through this exact thing at the moment. He is molting again so I figured he would like to be offered a shower more often but he has just been refusing them for quite a while now. I sneak a misting in when he is in the right sort of mood and playful but he is removing himself from the mist after only a few sprays. Normally he screams his head off and keeps coming back for more water but we have the complete opposite happening at the moment for some reason. I thought the warmer weather may have made him want a shower/spray but no go. I will keep an eye on this thread to see what advice you get :)
Glad to see Murphy isn’t the only one.

WillowNMurphy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Willow
UPDATE:
This morning I wanted to have a shower but I didn't wanna leave Murphy in his cage (he's very clingy this morning) so I decided to put him in the bathroom with me. I made sure there were no hazards and such, then put his favourite blankie on the ground for him to play with while i showered and left the shower door open so he could see me and wouldn't get scared. Imagine my surprise when Murphy, Mr. I hate Baths, decided to hop into the shower and splash around, squealing with delight! I think he likes showers more than baths now... Maybe seeing a flock member enjoying the water made him want to join in!
Anyways, he really enjoyed it and now we're going to eat some lunch and snuggle in front of the TV.

:bliss: