• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I didn't want a Rescue.

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
I just now saw this story....

Amazing. Left me speechless!! The end was so beautiful written. I am so happy you found this bird! :)

bittybo

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
what a wonderful story with such a happy ending. thank you so much for sharing it. :hug8:

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
:bgm: THE BIRDIE CLAW OF FATE :bgm: QUOTE (possibly a new sticky?) perfect title...

Thank you for touching my heart so deeply. Your story is amazing, heartfelt, and awesomely inspiring !!

I too would like to see it become a sticky, emphasized for members, passerby's, and prospective parronts.

Her talons wrapped around your heart forever.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Yeah, I read it again too. In fact, if I had a dollar for each time I've read it my parrots would have new toys....

Avian Stainless remains on their wish list.

Blancaej

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Blanca
Just saw this post as someone shared the link. Absolutely beautiful story. How are you both doing??

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautifully written. You brought me to tears with your story. So glad you took Khepri home with you!!

witchbaby

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jen
Such a beautiful story. This is so inspiring. I'm glad I read this today.

I hope you & Khepri are doing well.

:hug8:

Scully

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Erika
This made my heart SO HAPPY. I'm so glad she found you! :heart:

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
I really enjoyed reading this. I have done extensive research, and I am going to volunteer at a parrot rescue. (I would already be but I can't drive) I will be getting a cockatiel from this rescue, and this was extremely inspiring to me. :)

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
LOVE< LOVE your story thanks so much for sharing. And more thanks for opening your heart to a bird that truly needed you. Out of 3 cats, 3 dogs & 8 birds only 1 isn't a rescue at my house.

CherylColorado

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Cheryl Borgen
Love your story. I am also starting my research, connecting with my local rescues, making toys for my pet rats and rescue birds, and will probably foster as well. I hope my story ends as well as yours did.

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
What an awesome story.:jillone:
Parrots use a lot of vocal & body language to communicate. Khepri Read your body language when you arrived and knew that you were the ONE.:holiday1
after all she did something that she hadn't done before (scooted over to me and started bouncing up and down pinning her eyes going "Waaaaow)

Humans aren't real good on hiding their feeling via body language. Khepri would have read the disgust and anger that you felt when you saw her living conditions, how she was been treated. Remember she gave you the answer to your question about the cuts on her face by being vocal (screaming). You looked at a bird that was in fear of it's owners, No, not owners, they were her tormenters. and deep down that you knew that you couldn't leave her there. :ittalks!:

Then has you sat at a set of traffic light, you started to think about yourself. (I didn't want this) But when you looked Khepri, your empathy kicked in and you realised it wasn't about you it was about Khepri. Has you said Khepri is a member of the family not a "cool Pet" :yourock:

I vote this story to become a sticky because Gladewing is a:winnerdance:.

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
I have always wanted a Blue & Gold Macaw. But they were out of my price range ($7500 and upwards). Its a shame that so many parrots are treated has a cool pet.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I have always wanted a Blue & Gold Macaw. But they were out of my price range ($7500 and upwards). Its a shame that so many parrots are treated has a cool pet.

I've heard they are down around $5k??? Although I could be mistaken.... still, it's a lot!

I remember when Galahs were around $3k here in the USA, but now they're about $1,200 to $2,400 and I'm sure they can probably be purchased for under a grand.

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Wonderful read and such a touching story. I did research for a year before I got my lovies anf they are so tiny. But they are the best thing I have ever done.