• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I dare not to breathe or move..

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
so, since i now have a grey AND an amazon, i bought a big playmobile so they can hang out... Because Luka is still afraid there are not much toys on it yet, but at least they can sit with me in the livingroom.

As i am typing this, i desperatly need to go potty but i am afraid to disturb this moment..
Coco is sitting very close to Luka.. bowing her head letting Luka know she wants scritches..

This would be the point for panic.. but Luka is sitting, relaxed, looking wat Coco is doing...

I cant even reach my phone to make pictures because i am afraid Luka will het spooked! Coco seems like she is slowly showing Luka shes notscary and she can be trusted!

I know, parrots are smart and can read eachothers body language, but this is plain bizare! Its as if Coco is some kind of expert counselor slowly teaching Luka contact with others isnt all scary!

OMG OMG OMG OMG Iso desperatly want Luka to relax and be a true parrot with all its wonders... i am afraid if i breathe or cough this moment will be ruined..

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Awww, cute birdies. I really believe birds can help and teach other birds. It's nice that they're becoming buddies. :)

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
I have always been that way.. in a way, they are here because i am selfish enough to need other beeings for my pleasure.. it would be beneath me to not put their needs ahead of mine :)

And truely, i very much enjoy this proces as well! It is one thing to read about parrot intelligence.. its a whole new world to actually experience it! I was so sure it was better for Luka to be rehomed.. how bizarre is it to think i discussed it with someone who usually does not care (so i usually dont talk) then at the same moment had a parrent who needed to rehome his bird.. imagine how things could have gone if i was a day later.. or if i decided to let Luka suffer away till end of times..

Its magic!

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Love the pic of the two together. This was truly meant to be!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I wish more people would put their needs second to a bird companion. So many younger people of the "me" generation have an agenda all planned for what they want from a bird.

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
@Lady Jane you said it perfectly!

These days its all about me.. i have a neighbour who’s daughter got laid early in her teens, and now shes constantly complaining about how hard her life is with a child and how she can’t do all the things she wants.. constantly dropping her daughter with friends so she can go party... well thats called responsibility m’dear.. and that answer gets us into fights everytime :hehe:

Truth be told, i would have given Luka away to the parrot sanctuary, but only because i was convinced she would be better off in a large aviary with other parrots. I could have sold her a few times, but that was never a choice because then she would be no better off, with me at least she is with someone who knows a little bit, thanks to AA!

THANKFULLY none if this came to pass! Coco really was a lotery gift :heart: and it proves to my once again that going with my instincts is usually the right way :)

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
The true meaning of the word responsibility should be taught by example by parents. That is where it starts.

That is not all ways the case. I have seen friends with one child very responsible and the other a total delinquent.
I think in cases like that there is a mental unbalance somewhere.

The human body is a failed experiment.