• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I cooked for Irn after buying myself takeaway

Archie's Mum

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Emma
The title says it all. I just cooked for a freaking bird after having kfc because I couldn't be bothered cooking.
He has his own dinner saucer, and eats with us every night. I started it to stop the incessant head bobbing every time we sat down for dinner.
If anyone has any tips on bird table manners it would be appreciated. Specifically flicking unwanted vegetables on the floor. Maybe I need a discard plate.

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Every meal we have here, I put all the birds on their kitchen stands and serve them their food right alongside us at the dinner table...

No tips...they're all SPOILED ROTTEN! I cannot stop the food flinging :)

doodoowmdeez

Strolling the yard
Real Name
James Lafontaine
As soon as food hits the table wings are fluttering, and the pitter patter of little birdie feet start. Then they invade the table. I've set up extra plates, stands with THE SAME EXACT FOOD AS US and they still want to eat off our plates. Flinging anything they don't like anywhere. Whether on the plate, table or down on the floor for the dogs. Besides actually caging them(which only happens to my spoiled brats at bedtime) I'm not sure how to improve the table manners.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I have come to accept that food flinging is appropriate table manners for birds.
:batonthehead:

Archie's Mum

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Emma
Update: Table manners have not improved he sticks to his own plate though.