• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I can't decide on a name!

Help me name my male quaker?

• Total voters

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Milton Beakley Biteypants.

A nice distinguished sounding name for a little boy with Quakertood.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
You worded it perfectly, zoomom! I am hoping for a distinguished sounding name for a little guy with a whole lotta quakertude! :dance4:

I tried calling him all kinds of names and, so far, he doesn't seem to respond to any of them.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I'm really liking Milton Beakley BiteyPants. I'm going to see how he reacts to it next time I visit. :)

Thanks so much for all your help everyone! Feel free to keep voting and sharing your suggestions cause I'm still not 100% sure.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Do you guys think teaching him that his full name is Milton Beakley BiteyPants would be difficult?

I wonder if I should just start with Milton, the Milton Beakley, then Milton Beakley BiteyPants? Or should I teach him all the names separately?

Birds do know more than one name. I know that cause my old bird's name was Melvin. I called him Mel when he was naughy. And MelMel when he was in a good mood. And somehow I nicknamed him Dupes. And Dup Dup. (Don't ask cause I have no idea where that one came from) :rolleyes: But I don't remember how I taught him those were his names. I think I just started saying it.

Last edited:

Kolkri

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
When I was teaching mine to sing a song I did that and she never got past the first part. Now the only part she says of ittsy bittsy spider is out. lol I would do the whole name. He will learn it.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I taught Cassie her whole name...Cassie B Bird. Started with Cassie and continued on. She got it down, then would slur the words together...she sounded like "Cassybuhburd"...and she would only say it to me. :heart: