• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent i cant believe im making this thread

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Maybe if you tell us your approximate location (state or province if you're in Canada) we can help find a suitable avain vet for Kiwi.
4 years waiting list sounds really weird, I've never been put on a waiting list for any vet before nor have I heard of a waiting list
Me neither...

kiwi203

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Caden
I'm in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
@Eloy, that thread says 'error' and that wasn't Kiwi I don't think.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
How is kiwi holding up now ?

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I looked up nearby avain vet clinics and I found one with lots and lots of great reviews. It says it's about 15 minutes away from st paul as well.
I'd give them a call in the morning and talk to your mum, tell her it is IMPERATIVE Kiwi sees a proper avain vet
IMG_2875.PNG
I'm not sure if their doctor(s) are officially licensed in avian medicine because I'm not sure what the official license is called in the states or how to identify it

kiwi203

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Caden
Oh! Yes, those were all Kiwi... She's very clumsy, and with her being so timid, she has a lot of accidents...:shakehead:
I will call them in the morning! They seem like a good place.

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
So sorry you and kiwi are going through this. It’s very frustrating when a parent won’t help. I remember having to fight hard to get my dad to take my rat at the time (when I was a teen) to the vet. Cost hundreds but he finally agreed and it was worth it.

When you have a clumsy bird, and I know from experience with a macaw with foot damage and really bad bearing for months that it is your job to protect them from themselves sometimes. My bird would try to climb somewhere for example and then take a pretty nasty fall before he regained his foot use. So I put comforters down anywhere he even remotely had the potential to fall. I removed anything high he could attempt to get to. I basically baby proofed anywhere he could go to eliminate the danger as best I could. It wasnt pretty looking for a while but he didn’t get hurt after that. Maybe look in to ways to completely bird proof your room for kiwi?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
So sorry you and kiwi are going through this. It’s very frustrating when a parent won’t help. I remember having to fight hard to get my dad to take my rat at the time (when I was a teen) to the vet. Cost hundreds but he finally agreed and it was worth it.

When you have a clumsy bird, and I know from experience with a macaw with foot damage and really bad bearing for months that it is your job to protect them from themselves sometimes. My bird would try to climb somewhere for example and then take a pretty nasty fall before he regained his foot use. So I put comforters down anywhere he even remotely had the potential to fall. I removed anything high he could attempt to get to. I basically baby proofed anywhere he could go to eliminate the danger as best I could. It wasnt pretty looking for a while but he didn’t get hurt after that. Maybe look in to ways to completely bird proof your room for kiwi?

great ideas, Lisa! i have quilts and pillows covering the floor for my grey who can't fly.

kiwi203

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Caden
This morning I made her a mix of banana, lettuce, strawberry, carrot, and a teeny bit of peanut butter. She's currently happily eating that, although she did fall asleep at one point eating it. I'm staying home from school today to monitor her activity and keep watching how she's doing.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
UPDATE: she hopped around and bobbed her head with excitement when i took her out. she's doing MUCH better!:bounce4:
you're an EXCELLENT caring and loving mom!!!:heart: :ygg:
Kiwi keep up the good work, baby! :heart:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
That is great! I am glad that Kiwi is doing better

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's good that she is doing better. Keep the information about recommended vet clinics nearby for future reference.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
And you have a lock on Kiwi’s cage now, right? Please confirm. Next time go to the avian vet you looked up. Hopefully there is no next time for this kind of event.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
This morning I made her a mix of banana, lettuce, strawberry, carrot, and a teeny bit of peanut butter. She's currently happily eating that, although she did fall asleep at one point eating it. I'm staying home from school today to monitor her activity and keep watching how she's doing.
Your mom let you stay home. That’s very considerate of her!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Yes, there is a lock on Kiwi's cage. Right now she's sound asleep, completely exhausted. Poor little girl! :sleep: My mom did let me stay home, she knows how much Kiwi means to me.
@saroj12, I'm actually a dad :laugh-bounce:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: my bad! You're an excellent dad! When Kiwi is all recovered, maybe you should go by the real avian vet you found closeby and establish yourself as a client. That way you can use their emergency services and they will have a file on Kiwi, and you won't be a new patient!