• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am so sorry Jeff, so very very sorry. (I loved you)

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I agree with Joanna; clots, from what I know, are instantaneous. And even in people, in my limited knowledge, very hard to detect beforehand. You did everything you could have for her. No one else could have done more.

Thank you so much. I pinned the vet down for more answers, and he agrees with you; he said she probably didn't even know what was happening. And as much pain that I am feeling from Jeff's sudden death, (and it will be felt for quite awhile) I do take comfort in the fact that it was quick and painless.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh your first post was so touching to read. I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Jeff. She was lucky to have a found you and you her....sounds like you were gifted to each other when you both most needed someone to love.
I hope you can soon only remember all the good you provided her and the love you both shared.
It’s never easy loosing our animal family members :sadhug2:

I’m glad she had at least a few happy years in her life knowing your care and love was there for her.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Oh your first post was so touching to read. I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Jeff. She was lucky to have a found you and you her....sounds like you were gifted to each other when you both most needed someone to love.
I hope you can soon only remember all the good you provided her and the love you both shared.
It’s never easy loosing our animal family members :sadhug2:

I’m glad she had at least a few happy years in her life knowing your care and love was there for her.

Thank you, Shezbug for your sweet words and hug.

Jeff was a ragged lost soul that wandered into my backyard, and right into my heart. I never knew anything about her past except that she had been spayed. She was always a mystery.

I took small steps in gaining her friendship: letting me get closer to her, allowing me to pet her, coming onto my porch and then eventually into my home, And every step held the promise from me that I would not force her into anything. She taught me a lot about patience, respecting boundaries, and trust.

I am in a pit of crippling depression right now and thinking about Jeff brings me great pain. I do hope it passes because those seven years with her were some of the happiest ones that I have experienced in my life, and it would be a shame not to remember them.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I am so sorry. To lose one you are so close with is heart rending. I think most of us have felt that emptiness in our souls when one we specially love passes.
I hope the memories soothe you later on. I know for now every memory will be a nail in your heart.

FLmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Oh my gosh I’m so sorry your feeling so much pain right now. But please know you did NOT fail her. You gave her a life worth living. And she did the same for you. Your story of how you found her and took the time to let her get comfortable with you and spent many happy years together after that. That is a great story and can serve as a reminder of what love and compassion can do for those that give it and receive it. You have many great memories that will live on forever. It’s so hard to lose a beloved pet. I truly understand your pain. I hope you can find answers that will bring you comfort. It sounds like Jeff was definitely getting up there in age. Maybe it was just her time.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Now you are on the right track.

Today took a lot of steps backwards, but lets hope so.
I am so sorry. To lose one you are so close with is heart rending. I think most of us have felt that emptiness in our souls when one we specially love passes.
I hope the memories soothe you later on. I know for now every memory will be a nail in your heart.

Thank you, macawpower58, for your heartfelt response. You are absolutely right, nobody is immune from losing a loved one.

It is a feeling of emptiness, not to mention, helplessness, because there is nothing that can stop it. I know now that Jeff would have come to my call that night, but the call from death was just a little bit stronger. And I knew that I wouldn't outlive her, just never dreamed that she was going to leave me so soon.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so so very sorry

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so sorry

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a relief that she went quickly. You absolutely did not fail her; know that. You were everything good in her life. :bluhug:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@Sylvester,

All that needed saying has been said, but I wanted to say that my heart hurts for you and Jeff.

i was in a depression, in fact the first day was 8/4/18, and I finally struggled out of it (I think I'm out) in Feb. Advice tends to be trite when dealing with depression so I won't give any but I will say you know you have the whole board here to support and talk to you if needed. Meds and counseling can be a tremendous help also.

Anyway. So sorry for your loss.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
What a relief that she went quickly. You absolutely did not fail her; know that. You were everything good in her life. :bluhug:

Thank you, my friend.

I am in so much pain right now. I am struggling with her leaving, keep looking for her.

Jeff was a beautiful and gentle soul who wouldn't hurt anyone or anything.Even for being an old girl she still got such a kick out of life, only in her last year did she begin to slow down. I hope that she had a good life with me, and that death is just the beginning.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@Sylvester This piece has helped me many times. It says "people" but I find it works will all sorts of individuals. :)
Reason.jpg

Sylvester

Hit the Road
@Sylvester,

All that needed saying has been said, but I wanted to say that my heart hurts for you and Jeff.

i was in a depression, in fact the first day was 8/4/18, and I finally struggled out of it (I think I'm out) in Feb. Advice tends to be trite when dealing with depression so I won't give any but I will say you know you have the whole board here to support and talk to you if needed. Meds and counseling can be a tremendous help also.

Anyway. So sorry for your loss.

Thank you. Depression is a demon, and I tip my hat to anyone who can beat it back. I am glad you are feeling better, finchly.

I always knew that my world would come crashing down if anything happened to Jeff. I just didn't know that it would be so soon. The pain is immense.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Thank you. Depression is a demon, and I tip my hat to anyone who can beat it back. I am glad you are feeling better, finchly.

I always knew that my world would come crashing down if anything happened to Jeff. I just didn't know that it would be so soon. The pain is immense.

I wish I could help take some of your pain. I know that feeling of loss very well. I am so very sorry for your loss of Jeff. That pain will hurt, but you are not alone. For me it helps to look at old photos and to let to tears take over. You will always miss those moments and it hurts when they are gone. What you did for Jeff was love. There is so much love in all these posts.

I know I am just a new face on this forum, but your pain is my pain. You are not suffering alone.

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
@Sylvester I've been through and am trudging through loss myself. If you ever need anything at all, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly, I rarely sleep and I understand on a level I wish I could say I didn’t, exactly what you’re talking about here.

One of my best friends said to me that losing a pet is harder than losing your friends and losing your family and even though that sounds horrible, it is the truth; because when they pass a piece of your soul goes with them.

I took so much comfort in that, Jeff knows you love her. She knows your soul. I am so so sorry for your loss.

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened”. Anatole France

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
@Sylvester you know I just realized my sister and Jeff crossed over on the same day. Perhaps they even found each other. I was wondering why there are no obituaries for the pets we have lost. Writing about the loss helps in the grief. :sorrow:

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
@Sylvester you know I just realized my sister and Jeff crossed over on the same day. Perhaps they even found each other. I was wondering why there are no obituaries for the pets we have lost. Writing about the loss helps in the grief. :sorrow:
@Sylvester
I wrote to my GSD girl on Craigslist. She saved my life the day she entered it and when she died Feb 2018...I still feel dead without her. Like I am half a soul. This is my life now. I have a hard time choosing to try and live this life without her in it. And now so many more deaths have come to pass. If I had died with her, if god had let me go like I begged to be, I wouldn’t have had to live through any of it. But I’m still breathing despite all my hopes and desire to die from a broken heart, I’m still breathing so there must be a purpose, some reason. I spent an entire year trying to come up with every way it was my fault she died, she too had a stroke. I needed to blame myself. But I wouldn’t be me or this broken if I had let her down, I lost her. But she’s in my heart for the rest of my life, whatever that will be. I still sleep with her tennis balls, just in case she ever comes back to me, I’m ready.

424E33C8-F214-443C-9DE0-D7F9DE92A301.jpeg

RIP Milana, I love you.