• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I am a BIRD rescue!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
So I went to a ladies house today after meeting and having lunch with the director of another rescue here in Ohio. Ok all is well, the lady wanted to donate cages. Sweet, so I go there and her Umbrella is in a cage that I don't even want to think about right now. I am going to GIVE HER a cage to get her U2 out of it. It is a PARAKEET cage!!!!! I was almost sick, then there are kittens on the floor 2 DAYS old with no heat, Christine took 1 to try to save it even tho its chances are slim. I threw all the cages in the garbage and while I was there the neighbors dog attacked their cat. Yep, wonderful. They don't really care. So guess who took home the cat! I have to shave it, flush its wounds which you can't see in the pic very well because he has been licking them, and he has already eaten 2 cans of cat food. He is very thin, the wounds are infected, he has ear mites and fleas. He will be going to the vet soon and I will hopefully find him a forever home. Poor baby. I think I have SUCKER written on my forehead. I need another cat like I need a hole in the head.

At least he is safe now and warm.
Ugh! He stinks and is really brownish instead of white, he NEEDS a bath!

Yea in the pictures the wounds don't look bad at all but his hair is covering alot of it. They are deff. not good!

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh Jennifer, you are such a wonderful person! I don't know what to say about the rest. It breaks my heart. Thank You for all that you do.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Oh Jennifer, you are such a wonderful person! I don't know what to say about the rest. It breaks my heart. Thank You for all that you do.
Aww thank you, I deff. don't think that though. I just couldn't leave, him he would have died of an infection. I just do what I feel I need to, I am not trying to be special. I love animals and I can't allow one to suffer when I know I am able to help. He is very friendly and seems happy, uses the litter box and everything. I think he will find a good home....Any one in ohio looking for a sweet kitty!!!????? lol

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Jenn,

You are not a sucker just a caring and compassionate person:) The cat is adorable and I'm really glad you took him home. How awful for you to see the U2 in the tiny cage. People are unbelievable.

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
sad. poor kitty. i'm glad you got him out of there. argh. folks like that make me mad.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
awe that poor baby! :hug8:

mariec

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marie
Oh Jen,

He is beutiful. Thanks for saving him. I've ended up with a couple of rescue cats here in my bird rescue as well. Yep, sucker IS written on our foreheads.

I can relate to the cockatoo thing. Crystal and I went to get a cage donation we couldn't use, and ended up seeing a cockatoo nightmare as well!

Beware all cage donations. Pictures first. Smiles
-m

Terri

Real Name
Terri
UGH!!!!!!! Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a part of the human race! God seems to put you where you need to be to help save His precious creatures. Thank God you have compassion when so many others don't!

Thanks for making a difference!

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Doin' good Jen - Sounds like YOU managed to have a day out of the house without hurting YOURSELF? :rofl:

People like that really are disgusting. :(

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
Ugh, that made me sick to my stomach. That person shouldn't have any animals. Poor kitteh, you are so good to help her.

Hakuna Matata

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Good luck with the kitty! I know this is a bird forum (and a bird rescue!), but that kinda cat ownership is a peeve of mine. It's like the people who don't care if their pet budgie dies becaues it didn't cost much in the first place. Cats (and budgies) are a lot more intelligent and personable than many people give them credit for. They're not just sneaky little beasts with claws and teeth.

My two are 13 years old and the vet recently told us that except for his own cat and one other, they're the oldest in the entire practice. Cats routinely hit ages like 16-19. Mine are 13. Where are the older ones?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
that poor kitty..bless your heart....

Macawlvr

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
James / Krames
Compassion is part of who you are...being a sucker is merely how we feel at times. ;)

Thanks for being there to make a difference...and for having a compassionate heart.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That kitty was lucky to have ya :)

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Ohh, the kitty is SO thin...look at those pronounced cheek and hip bones :( :(
You're a saint for taking him in! People are so disgusting sometimes, they make me SO mad! :mad:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awwww, you're a angel, not a sucker! Bless you!

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
OK some good news. The owner called and asked me to come get her IRN because it is an ex-breeder that she aquired and it wasn't tame so she wanted it gone. So I took it and now there are at least 3 less animals in her house. Good for the IRN.

Status
Not open for further replies.