• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I ain't afraid of no.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
This toy came for Bella yesterday, and I hung it near her cage. She didn't seem afraid of it but when I did try to put her on it, she flew away (sort of) and fell with a thump. Can't wait for her flighties to grow out. So I am not one to force anything, and usually with all new things, curiosity eventually got the better of her.

for fun, I put my brave little Birdie, who has been through so much, and guess what? She seems comfortable up there, even though dwarfed by the Bella-sized monstrosity.

Maybe Miss Thing will see her up there and take a chance herself. :lol: image.jpg

sweet francis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
lindsey
Adorable :) Where did you get this orbit toy, Katy? And where at on the Oregon coast do you live? My parents have retirement property on Arch Cape near Cannon Beach.
This toy came for Bella yesterday, and I hung it near her cage. She didn't seem afraid of it but when I did try to put her on it, she flew away (sort of) and fell with a thump. Can't wait for her flighties to grow out. So I am not one to force anything, and usually with all new things, curiosity eventually got the better of her.

for fun, I put my brave little Birdie, who has been through so much, and guess what? She seems comfortable up there, even though dwarfed by the Bella-sized monstrosity.

Maybe Miss Thing will see her up there and take a chance herself. :lol: View attachment 139070

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Adorable :) Where did you get this orbit toy, Katy? And where at on the Oregon coast do you live? My parents have retirement property on Arch Cape near Cannon Beach.
I was looking at the atoms and orbits, but they were quite expensive, like over $150 for her size. Someone on this site mentioned someone else doing them, seem a little simpler, less hardware, but only $33. I went to the hardware store and got SS swivels and other doodads to make it fun. You hang toys too, and I had to supply that. But it was still waaaay less expensive. So I'm looking for my receipt. I was told she sells on eBay, but there is nothing for sale there. I found mine on Etsy and she had a few left. Im going to do a search and destroy around here to get you that name.

I think Cannon Beach is quite a ways north of me. Maybe 6+ hours? I am only 1 1/2 hours north of CA border. Podunk town. But I like it.

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
@Sweet Francis on ETSY, Parrotparlor, Cheryl Sterner, 3 ring atom? $33 :)

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Well lookie dar! It worked! So happy :) image.jpg

Sorry the pics su**' are blurry, and sideways. Doesn't do her justice, but its the best I can do with my current setup.

Attachments

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
I just realized I created this thread under the food section. Meant to do it under enrichment. What a dufus I am sometimes. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
I'm glad Birdie showed Bella that the new orbit wasn't so scarey after all!:dance4:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I like that orbit a lot better than the ones that are covered with lots of gewgaws (scientific terms for toys). I have only owned macaws and have always felt that they need open room to move around.

Bella is just being smart, like Greys are supposed to be. She wanted Birdie to take the hit just in case that new thing was a bird eater.

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
I like that orbit a lot better than the ones that are covered with lots of gewgaws (scientific terms for toys). I have only owned macaws and have always felt that they need open room to move around.

Bella is just being smart, like Greys are supposed to be. She wanted Birdie to take the hit just in case that new thing was a bird eater.
:lol:Yeah I guess they were both being themselves. I have a mini-update, which is that Bella just found a way to get back "ON" the thing. It swivels around 360 with the SS part I got, so it's no small adventure for her to climb back on so soon. Guess she likes it! :dance4::dance5::dancing::dance5::dance4:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I am glad they are both enjoying it now!!

sweet francis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
lindsey
@Sweet Francis on ETSY, Parrotparlor, Cheryl Sterner, 3 ring atom? $33 :)
Thank you, Katy!!

I just got home from work and ordered one for Edie and Francis pants...woohoo!

Last edited:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
So cute!!

Status
Not open for further replies.