• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I’m going on vacation(kinda)

Rei.dot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rei cooper
So I’ll be traveling for the next three weeks and so I need to decide on the best place for Yuki since I won’t be able to bring her along. She could either stay at my apartment with my sister to watch her or she could go to my parents . My sister would also be working during the day so socializing would be limited and mostly at night , my parents however have four other budgies and I’m worried that having her be with with other budgies getting use them and then taking her away again might be cruel .
Before I get to much hate for having a lone budgie it was so I could hand tame her and bond with her “easier” she will be getting a buddy in the next couple months since she’s been doing so well with perch and hand training.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
If your budgie is used to you being away for work, then I would say maybe your sister's. I think I too would worry about your budige being with others and then not.

Lori D Pert

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lori
I have a lone budgie so no hate here...lol. I do believe, however, that Yuki (she's adorable btw) would be happier if she wasn't alone all day, especially if her flockmate (you) will be gone for 3 weeks. If you will be getting another bird anyway, I would leave her with your parents where she can learn to interact with other birds. I think she will be much happier that way and it is about what's best for her, right? Welcome to the avenue.:)

Last edited: