• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hybrid Macaws link and pictures

AbdulTheKewl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Abdulrahman Bukhari
Hello there Matthew…there are hybrid breeders here in Manila. Melon is from Triple A Aviary owned by Anthonny Twano.
Hey Juel, was wondering if you have the contact information of this breeder. I would love to get in touch with him, and see if he has any hybrid macaws available. His email address, website, or even his phone, would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Juliette

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Juliette
i love maxie the hy-buffon's HER COLORS OMG
(sorry for late responde etc.. lol )
i think Hy , hybrids , are so so amazing !!! my favorite

Bryan

Checking out the neighborhood
image.jpg image.jpg This is our one year old Calico Macaw, Calypso! We are still working on trust issues, but every day gets a little better. She is a sweet bird and can be very affectionate. We hope to do DNA testing soon!

Coki

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I don't know if you know this one, it was first appear at Corrientes Loropark, which is a breeding center here. This beauty is an hybrid of blue throated macaw and military.

Luckily, in a few weeks i'll be able to see this one in person :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
That one has a striking resemblance of a hybrid macaw here on the forum. :)

Coki

Avenue Veteran
Wow, he looks like a big guy! How would you describe his temperament.. ?
I don't know, haven't seem him in person, just pics. And i don't know the breeder much. But i was really amazed the first time i saw this picture, really cute bird.

I'm not any kind of "expert" but the shape of the head is very similar to a Red Fronted Macaw. If I had to guess, it would be a cross between RFM and B&G.
The breeder says it's blue throated x militaris. I don't know him but i don't see why he'd be lying. lol.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Coki, that's a hybrid I've seen before, but I have not seen those pics. :)

Coki

Avenue Veteran
That's the pic they've in their website! I haven't seen that one either. In theory they were the first getting this hybrid. They call it "Corrientes Macaw".

In anyway, this breeder breeds most of birds you can get here in Argentina, but what i don't like is they don't enrich their lives much. I hope i could visit them to see the birds, though. If i do i'll post some pics :)

Nicolino

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicolino
Anyone knows of these parrots - macaw hybrids ?? They are called Conans.( sorry , for some reason I can't upload pics..)

Last edited:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Anyone knows of these parrots - macaw hybrids ?? They are called Conans.( sorry , for some reason I can't upload pics..)

Conans are considered more conure than macaw hybrid..... started out with sun x hahns, then the hybrid offspring bred to suns (and possibly jendays, too). It is at least the second or third generation hybrids that are being considered "Conan Conures", since the majority of their make-up is conure, not macaw. Apparently, many of the hybrid offspring have health problems... from weak hearts to birth defects and other issues.

Hardest decision ever!! Please help! | Page 7 | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

Here's the information given to me about these birds from the person who has them now. (the breeder gave over 40 birds up due to illness)

Many of these birds have heart issues, irregular rhythms, murmurs and heart blocks. Some have feet/toe defects, one is missing an entire wing and one has no tongue, all born that way per the vet. Some have cere deformities with either enlarged or too small nares.

I am not aware of any other hybrids with the name "conan" in their name.

orni'morphosis

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ornithomorphosis AKA Avian Aficionado, Bird
Here is a great link to almost all species of hybrid macaws that I know of.
Hybrid Macaw Parrots, Names and Definitions With Photos of Hybrid Macaws

If you have a hybrid post a picture and give its name and cross!
Does anyone know what a Hyacinth macaw x Greenwing macaw is like in terms of appearance, personality and intelligence? I'm just curious.

In theory, they should have the emotional intelligence of the Hyacinth macaw and the IQ of a Greenwing macaw and may even exceed the two species.