• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hybrid Macaws link and pictures

Denise

Moving in
Real Name
Denise
I'm not any kind of "expert" but the shape of the head is very similar to a Red Fronted Macaw. If I had to guess, it would be a cross between RFM and B&G.

Mozzy

Sprinting down the street
I had a ruby (scarlet/greenwing)
now have a jubilee (harlequin and greenwing)

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Olivia
Does anyone have a Harlequin Macaw or Shamrock macaw? Those are my favorites!! :lol:

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
ok...after reading this thread, please confirm....ARATINGA conure can hybridize with macaw? o_O
so, they really are "little macaw"?
this is just very interesting to me...if there is a known thread by anyone on here relating to my question, feel free to direct :D or dont :D

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I'm sure there is. Of the known hybrids, if I can think of them...

Noble x Mitred
Hahns x Blue Crown
Hahns x Sun ->Hahns Macaw x Sun Conure Hybrid? | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum
Hahns x Nanday
Hahns x Jenday(?)
Hahns x Sun x Jenday(?) -> CONANS & CRIMSON CONANS' Page
Illigers x Nanday -> Flickr: Search Hybrid Parrots

And one that appears to be Patagonian Conure (not Aratinga, but Cyanoliseus) x Blue & Gold, but could be Blue Throat instead or????? Which Chaz is on this forum. We really aren't sure what he is... but his pics should also be in this thread.

Flickr: Search Hybrid Parrots

Conures have also hybridized with amazons.

BTW, some of the Aratinga species have been renamed to Psittacara and others to Eupsittula and blue crowns in their own group, Thectocercus.

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
Phoenix is a 3rd generation red dominant hybrid macaw. I had to look up his hybrid heritage and it's involved...probably why I couldn't remember...

He's a cross between a Scarlet Macaw and a Camelot Hybrid macaw (3rd generation)

Camelot Hybrid Macaw is a cross between A Scarlet Macaw and a Catalina Hybrid Macaw.

A Catalina Hybrid Macaw is a cross between a Scarlet and a Blue and Gold Macaw....

And all I could remember was that he is 7/8ths Scarlet... The yellow dominant Capri's are in high demand and they are gorgeous and rare.. I love my guy and think his color is the best...favorite color is red! And he's very sweet.

juel_balbon

Walking the driveway
Real Name
juel balbon
Hello everyone! Mabuhay from the Philippines! Here is Melon, my capri macaw…he was hatched October 13, 2013…he's been with us for 2 months now and he is doing very well in his new and permanent home…he came to us with lots of yellow but now that he is molting some feathers, i noticed more orange coming in…so my guess is, if there is such a thing, he is orange dominant :sneaky:

SAM_0279.JPG SAM_0324.JPG

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Olivia
He isadorable!! :rofl: :heart: :rofl: :heart:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Hello everyone! Mabuhay from the Philippines! Here is Melon, my capri macaw…he was hatched October 13, 2013…he's been with us for 2 months now and he is doing very well in his new and permanent home…he came to us with lots of yellow but now that he is molting some feathers, i noticed more orange coming in…so my guess is, if there is such a thing, he is orange dominant :sneaky:

View attachment 173220 View attachment 173221

Where did you find him, if I may ask? He's beautiful!

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
Melon is beautiful and he's the color most sought after. He's a Capri like mine who's red dominant not yellow/ orange dominant. They are rare, many hybrid eggs aren't viable so few hatch and even fewer are yellow dominant, caraparrots..com by Chicago has produced these beautiful colors in her birds. They are amazing. She's also a very conscientious breeder. And very picky who her babies go to

juel_balbon

Walking the driveway
Real Name
juel balbon
I got my Melon from a reputable breeder here in the Philippines. The picture showing Melon with so much yellow was taken outdoors on a sunny day thus the intense yellow ( plus a few clicks on the adjust button in iPhoto ;) )…the second picture was taken at night with an overhead light. He is molting some feathers on his head and what used to be yellow is being replaced by orange feathers. I guess my Melon would be orange when he's done molting. He has fine black feathers on his face, and even these are already molting and are being replaced by orange/yellow feathers.