• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hybrid Macaws link and pictures

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Chaz is an eight year old hybrid Macaw.
Only been guessed at but a few experts who have been interested have all come up with the same answer.
Patagonian crossed with a blue and Gold.
He is a very nervous intelligent bird, loves to please, has never ever bitten anyone to our knowledge and I just love him to bits. :hug8:

Attachments

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Chaz is gorgeous. What's his weight and size?

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I love Chaz! He does like a possible patagonian and blue and gold hybrid but who knows it will always be a mystery.

Jacqi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jacqi
Luck & Chaz are spectacular. I'm just in awe of "full sized" macaws.

I think the Catalinas are beautiful, but by far the most beautiful in my opinion (though perhaps not considered a hybrid. ??) are the cinnamon blue & golds. Their feathers look painted on. So unique.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I think the Catalinas are beautiful, but by far the most beautiful in my opinion (though perhaps not considered a hybrid. ??) are the cinnamon blue & golds. Their feathers look painted on. So unique.
Nope the cinnamon blue and golds are a mutation not a hybrid. But they are really beautiful birds!

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Chaz is with his tail feathers three times the length of Jay the Amazon. Much the same width in the chest as Jay, maybe a bit wider.
Not weighed him etc as do not want to stress him more than he has already been. Now he is settling in nicely and taking treats off me, talking to me up close so not breaking that trust to find out.:hug8:

Sarin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
I personally love Hybrid Macaws. My top two would be the Camelot and Catalina.

Beautiful Macaws, guys!!

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I know we have more hybrids macaws out there. Come on in and post their pictures:D

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
This picture will give you some idea of their size side by side Chaz and Jay the blue fronted Amazon, his special big brother. They are always together even while in their cages, side by side and talking to one another. If one eats so does the other. They preen each other and even sleep covered together with them on the perches up close to their bars to be able to communicate with one another. :hug8:

Attachments

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
This is a great thread. Very informative. I'd love to see more pics, please.

onthewingsofmacaws

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Patricia
Just thought I'd tell you a bit about my wonderful Darius (Harlequin Macaw) He is my sweet sweet baby he loves to cuddle and lay on his back in my arms like a baby and have his tummy tickled and feet played with. He is very animated when we play and trys to do exactly as i do including make the same facial expressions its the cutest thing when we play peek a boo and when I uncover his face with a towel he likes to give me a look of suprise while saying peek boo soso cute. he had a sad begining as in his previous home he was slowly being starved to death when I got him he only weighed 650gr he lived in a cage meant for an amazon 32x24x48 he had no toys and a steel pipe for a perch she didn't want him to make a mess she didn't even line his cage with news paper because he would chew it upand make a mess she fed him only bulk parrot seed no pellets no fresh food she gave him /2 cup in the morning and night and as soon as he stopped eating she took his dish away so he wouldn't dump it and make a mess. She wanted to sell him because he was mean and would bite everyone in the house. he has never ever biten me and gurges for me all the time he has done since the day I brought him home. he's a big beautiful 1200 grams now and a very happy baby. he's 5or 6 years old not sure as the previous owner couldn't remember exactly how long she had him. Here are some picture of him

come to papa

the things a bird hasta do to get a nap around here geesh

mom I dropped my toy again
:heart::heart::heart:

I am my birds Mom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
Here is my Freyja ,who is a Harlequin Macaw (GW -daddy, B&G - mommy) She is 1 year and 5 months..she is around 1150 g...and is a SPOIL BRAT!! We love her!!
She loves to be on her back and just wants to be with us ...all the time!! But when she is not with us, she does do pretty good in her cage! She loves to be touch by us, preen her whatever!! Here is some of her pictures!! Enjoy!!

Attachments

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Darius and Freyja are both gorgeous their colors are so intense and thney both sound so sweet as well!

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
What beautiful birds, thank you so much for showing their pictures. Just love seeing them. :hug8:

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
This is Maxie our Hy-Buffon's. She is sweet lap girl....loves to snuggle like a kitten.
Maxie is gorgeous:omg: I love how the blue is faded into the green. I think she wants to come to my house to play and snuggle:hehe: