• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Husband to the rescue

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
I can't remember if i told this story or not but here it goes. A couple of weeks ago my husband saved Baby's life. She had a swing held on by ropes. She some how chewed through it
( i know birds chew through all most anything)., and during the process got her head stuck and the lose ropes wrapped around her neck. This same toy was whole before i left for work. My husband was luckily by her cage and grabbed her and toy out. He had to cut the rope from around her neck. He watched her all day and checked her neck. She was uninjured luckily. Needless to say no more rope toys for my baby.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:omg: I'm glad he was there and was able to save her in time!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very lucky your husband was there! I´m so glad Baby is ok!

This is the whole thing with toys, what is safe for one bird, is not for another :(

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Wow. I am so glad your hubby was there and was able to stop anything more serious happening. How very scary!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
So glad baby is ok. How scary.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I had a scare a few months ago when Bella impaled herself on a clamp and needed emergency surgery. That clamp had been in her cage for 5 years. I was lucky because she did this at night on a weekend. If I was working one of my long days, I am not sure what would have happened. It was a good thing your husband was cognizant enough to realize that something was wrong and was able to free her. She is gorgeous.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I had a scare a few months ago when Bella impaled herself on a clamp and needed emergency surgery. That clamp had been in her cage for 5 years.
How scary! :eek: I'm glad she is okay.

What sort of clamp is it? It must be pretty innocuous-looking & I'm worried we might have something similar.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
How scary! :eek: I'm glad she is okay.

What sort of clamp is it? It must be pretty innocuous-looking & I'm worried we might have something similar.
It was a clamp to a heat lamp. She was apparently trying to peel the rubber off of the clamp and she fell onto it. One piece was in her mouth, the other out her crop. I swear that it took 15 years off of my life