• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hurt tail?

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
My budgie was flying away from my other budgie when he flew into a wall. He was angry so he started screaming (like he always does he's so dramatic). Then later he got angry again and started screaming again and then I noticed his tail looked tilted and he screamed whenever I touched it (which is wat he normally does when I try to touch his tail) so I put him in his cage and he started climbing the bars but he wasn't moving his tail so his tail was still touching the bars which is unusual. She still was screaming and trying to fly which is what he normally does but it felt different this time. PS I swear he's not a bad budgie he's just got a bad attitude sometimes when his brother gets on his nerves. If he still acts like this tomorrow I'm taking him to the vet but what do you guys think is it a broken tailbone or maybe sprained or fractured? Does it sound like that? he's not puffed up or anything.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Whenever a bird hit a wall it is a good idea for a vet to check them out. I would keep him separated from the other bird so he is more calm. No way we can know if his tail is injured but like i say keep him calm until a vet checks him.

He is not a bad bird.

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Whenever a bird hit a wall it is a good idea for a vet to check them out. I would keep him separated from the other bird so he is more calm. No way we can know if his tail is injured but like i say keep him calm until a vet checks him.

He is not a bad bird.
Took him to the vet tonight and he's fine. He probably just got a little bruse but most of all he was just annoyed

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Thanks for taking him. Please be cautious when these two birds are together. Siblings are known to not get along well at times.

Olliebirb

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Thanks for taking him. Please be cautious when these two birds are together. Siblings are known to not get along well at times.
They are not siblings I just got Winston, and Oliver didn't trust him yet so he flys away and acts all dramatic because he doesn't want Winston to be with me if that makes sense