• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HUGE Iguana on CL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
You do whatever he says! :eek:

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
Sadly, sell it on CL because it got too big.:(
She's a beauty though! :heart:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I would love a iguana that big! And that's such a good price for everything, but we live far away and I don't have any space. Has anyone seen the TV show on Disneychannel called Jessie? They own a huge lizard!

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Yeah Crystal, buy him! I'm sure he's sweet! :rofl:

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
My vet has a huge iguana. His cage is about 5x4'. This guy needs a bigger cage. Hope he finds a home with an iguana expert. ;)

lwis

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Leah
I used to have an iguana who was nearly that size. He was pretty calm, and would normally just chill out, but he wasn't an aggressive guy though. I knew someone who had a rehomed adult iguana who was quite aggressive; apparently she would chase my friend's room mate around their apartment! Yikes!

Chicobo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
I rescued an iguana that large once! Her body was about two feet long and her tail was another four. I carried her something like 30 city blocks inside my coat, because it was early fall and chilly. I only took her because a friend asked me to come see her -- the family was giving her away and he was worried about her. Turns out they had only been feeding her CANNED CARROTS, no lights or heat, kept her in a dog crate that barely fit her body (her poor tail was twisted around her) and were planning on just letting her loose in the park if they couldn't find an adopter! So I decided I would just take her. Big mistake, of course, but when I got her home she happily ate about a dozen grape tomatoes, some pizza crust, a bunch of lettuce, grapes...she was great. She hated them, hissed and flared and spit, but with me she was totally docile. Wonderful animal. I adored her. I named her Sunny :) But I was very worried -- she had what looked like an abcess in her mouth that the owners had been (get this) cleaning out with RUBBING ALCOHOL. But I was fairly sure that's not what it was, so I took her to the emergency vet. Turned out she had Metabolic Bone Disease that was SO advanced she wasn't going to live. Ultimately we had to put her down because she was suffering and it would have cost THOUSANDS to give her even a month or two more of life. Poor girl. ;(

But when I spoke to the exotics vet, she said yes, my research was right -- apparently a fully grown adult iguana's MINIMUM cage requirements are 7 foot high by 10 foot wide by at least 5 foot deep! :eek::eek:

I do miss Sunny, though. She and I had a real thing. Iguanas are great! Hope this one finds a happy ending.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Iggies are great! I knew someone who kept their 6ft male cage free. He had hanging basking lights that would allow heat and light to the back of the couch and that's where Iggy spent 60-70% of his time.:)

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
My friend Judy had one. He pretty much roamed the house LOL.

Chicobo

Real Name
Erin
Iggies are great! I knew someone who kept their 6ft male cage free. He had hanging basking lights that would allow heat and light to the back of the couch and that's where Iggy spent 60-70% of his time.:)
That's awesome! It would depend on the iguana, IMHO, but only because I've seen and heard that iguanas can get VERY aggressive in mating season and even react to shirt color and scent, like birds do! Plus an iguana's whipping tail HURTS!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I had a neighbor who had four large ones who lived in their sun room. :D

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
:eek: You ride it like a pony! I remember one of the big iguana's at the zoo I worked at. He was SO mellow and laid back.

Status
Not open for further replies.