• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to respond

Livz

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Patti
hello everyone, I’ve been absent from here due to life being way too busy. But I’m back and I need advice. I have one all white beautiful budgie and I’m going to get her a male buddy soon. Is it necessary to keep them completely away from each other until I’ve bonded with the new guy? Meaning can they be in the same room? I know they need to be kept separate, but how separate? I want to have a relationship with both of them but don’t want to lose the bond I’ve formed with Lily. Plz advise.
Thank you

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
It's best to quarantine new birds, which means separate cage, separate rooms, separate food, and everything. During that time, you can try working on bonding with the new bird.

I have found though that if one bird is willing and trusting of humans, others will follow.

An Experiment with Budgies | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Will you just be putting them into the same room straight away or do you mean after quarantine time? You could be getting to know the new one while it is in quarantine?