• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to move a parrot from one cage to another cage?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
I KNOW I would by either one of mine!
Pretty sure if I try to cover his wings with my hands, I'll get bit.
I started with Tinker with picking him up to put back in his cage or travel cage. Yes he has bit me good but now he just squawks like an idiot. I think it is now a game for him as sometimes he runs away. But he loses eventually.

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Been a busy week. Thanks for all of your advice. We made the trip with great success. Getting him to the other cage was another story. He did step up but somehow climbed up my arm and onto my back. I believe that was his reaction to seeing new cage. I got him to the cage but I ended up covering his heat with a dish towel and got him into the cage with no issue. He had no problem once in. I think I might just get a travel cage as this one is not set up for stainless steel bowls and the perch is loose. The perch fell on one side when I had to hit the brakes to avoid a rear end collision. No worries we were creeping along 495 DC Beltway at 2 miles an hour. I managed to get perch back up and he was on it in 5 minutes. I did slow down before going over bridges as the joints are bumpy. I do believe he learned what bump bump meant as I said that when we approached a bump. He ate well all weekend, whistled and stretched his wings. He got to watch TV for the first time!