• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to Keep Bird Safe From Hairdryer?

BirbBrains

Strolling the yard
My bathroom, which is the only place I ever use my hairdryer (I don't use the hairdryer very often,) is far away from the room where I'm going to keep my birds. Would closing both doors while hair drying help keep the feather child safe, or something else?

BertAllen

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dave
My feeling is if you are using anything that could hurt your bird in anyway make sure the bird cannot get to it. If that means shutting a door or putting them back into their cage for the duration so be it.
Safety First.

Roxhum

Walking the driveway
Are hairdryers unsafe? Is it the ion thing? Well I am always alone with the bathroom door closed when I use my hairdryer. All birds are happy and healthy so I would say, yes, birds in bird room you in bathroom with closed doors should do the trick.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
My bathroom, which is the only place I ever use my hairdryer (I don't use the hairdryer very often,) is far away from the room where I'm going to keep my birds. Would closing both doors while hair drying help keep the feather child safe, or something else?
You're fine using your hairdryer in the bathroom with the door open or closed. It's not that dangerous and your birds will be fine in another room.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Many hair dryers use Teflon in the appliance. There are many on the market now that don't have Teflon since there are better products and awareness had been heightened about the danger to even humans about PTFE and PFOA.