• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to help lessen bird room move stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
Jenni has become increasingly frustrated by having her stamping materials spread all over the house. She has a very hard time finding things and wishes it was all in one spot. As a joke I said she should take the bird room and we should put the birds in the office. Jenni's eyes just lite up. So starting Friday we are going to start the move.

I am happy about this move because now the fids will be right off the living room and always in line of sight. I don't think that there will be any real problems but is there anything I can do to help them adjust quicker and with less stress?

Another positive aspect of this move is that if there is room, and once everyone is adjusted to the move, we maybe able to foster a certain bird at the local shelter that really needs some one on one time.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
When I moved my birds into their birdroom I made sure to not change anything in their cages for two weeks. Even if the room was different, the cages were the same. The only acclimation problem I had was with the CAG being afraid of the ceiling fan. My vet suggested it might look like spread raptor wings so I removed the vanes and hung perching toys and boings from the fan body and that resolved that. It did help they could be out more in the birdroom and I didn't have to worry about the cats or dogs hurting them. It also is my refuge in the house so they love that I spend a lot of time with them in there.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
you may want to consider the placement of the birds who do they like as a neighbor do they like a window if possible or do they being in the center or on a way from attention ect. this should help in the transition :hug8:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
If you keep the cages the same and place the cages in as close to the arrangement they have now, it should help ease the move a bit. I'd also take the birds in the room, one at a time to introduce them to that area, before the move. Consider lighting/shadow issues that you may not be aware of, window reflections, etc. Good luck, sounds like this move will work out for everyone and maybe even a foster fid :D

Status
Not open for further replies.