• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to clean wrought iron cage

wolfdog01

Meeting neighbors
Okay so, I have bought four of these, they are randomized. They should be in by Sunday. I'm kinda wanting a little bit of a natural tree look, wild but fake, ya know? Gonna replace the PVC and wooden perches. At least one of the rope ones are going to make a U shape at the top for a soft, resting perch and maybe the second one at the top as well. I think the rope swings are really cute and would be perfect, but I like the idea of a stable perch...and I can't return the ones I have either lol.
Screenshot_20190704-103135.png
As for taking it to the car wash, that is a good idea and I could lay it down in the bed of my dad's truck. It's a lot to take apart and it takes two people to put it back together lol.

wolfdog01

Meeting neighbors
Update! Got three of them in the mail today, waiting on the fourth but I think I will order four more. I had to ziptie the perches to a side of the cage to make them more stable, I've heard of birds getting their toes stuck in zipties so that does worry me but I'll see how it goes. There is some weight to them but I don't think they're going to fall or hurt the bars. I plan on getting some large PVC logs to help fill in the more empty spaces and to give a few little tunnels for him to waddle through.
IMAG1341.jpg

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
What about toys?

wolfdog01

Meeting neighbors
He honestly hasn't played with any of the ones I had put in his cage. So I took them apart to make smaller toys and I'm trying to get him to play with those first before I buy the big ones again. He's a resuce and he's never had toys, doesn't really know what to do with them. He has a couple that he likes to hold sometimes and one that I stuff with treats, but he loses interest after a few minutes. He wants attention and scritches more than anything, no one touched him at his old house.