• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to clean bird stains from wood?

XstatyK

Walking the driveway
Thanks for the tips and suggestions, I ordered some F10 on Amazon and in the meantime will keep scrubbing and soaking with vinegar.
The power wash would have sure come in handy and if I can come up with some other use cases that I can apply it to I wouldn't mind picking it up.
Still on the fence on getting one for a one time use so trying to justify it cause I just think it would be cool to have :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Still on the fence on getting one for a one time use so trying to justify it cause I just think it would be cool to have :)
Your bird(s) will most likely poop on the stand themselves. You could use it then.

XstatyK

Walking the driveway
True though at the moment I only have 1 tiel, definitely worth the investment for the future

AviaryByTheSea

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michael
The issue isn't actually with the poop itself... it's with disease organisms that can grow in the nutrient-rich accumulations of bird droppings. Personally, I think steaming would act as a sterilization method, it is after all 212+ degrees Fahrenheit... they use steam in hospitals to sterilize instruments. You are faced with a greater danger of exposure by scraping poop off than steaming remnants or a stain.

Last edited:

AviaryByTheSea

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michael
Come to think of it... Save your bird poop... in NYC there are spa's that offer Bird Poop Facials for $180 a pop! All that crap is worth it weight in gold LOL And to think we are all throwing it away!!

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Come to think of it... Save your bird poop... in NYC there are spa's that offer Bird Poop Facials for $180 a pop! All that crap is worth it weight in gold LOL And to think we are all throwing it away!!
Wonder how we can go about selling it! :hehe:

@Macawnutz Sarah, just think, you could retire with what Rosie produces let alone the rest! :rofl:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Wonder how we can go about selling it! :hehe:

@Macawnutz Sarah, just think, you could retire with what Rosie produces let alone the rest! :rofl:

OMG, between Rosie and Sam! Flipping gross! You couldn't pay me to wipe that on my face. :wtf: