• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How to clean a used tank for a lizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I'm needing to know the best most effective way of cleaning a used tank. We're getting a Bearded Dragon for my son for Christmas(it's really for all of us) and we got a used tank of CL for it. Which along with the tank is a plastic stump thing with artificial plants attached to it is there a safe way of cleaning these and reusing them or are we better off just tossing them?
I've already asked Logan a bunch of questions and done some research on these guys so I'm pretty prepared ad everything.
Just need to know the best way of cleaning the tank.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Vinegar! Lots of clear vinegar and water.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Vinegar! Let it soak, scrub it and rinse it. And then let it "air out" for a while and that should do the trick :)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Vinigar and baking soda, it will foam up, then scrub,,,scrub,,,scrub. And rinse, rinse, rinse.

drop

Rollerblading along the road
I agree with the others. You can also use a razor blade to scrape off any dried up algae/calcium deposit that may be on the glass (I am assuming that you have a glass tank). Wet a bit with the vinegar and scape on a ~45 degree angle. Don't worry, the blade will not scratch the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.